PO: Fuzz [Ty Segall] (Deluxe ltd 250, clear & light blue available)

dreamwolf

The couple of tracks I've heard from this, I really dig. I'm going to enjoy picking this up and spinning it on my turntable... on black vinyl. I really dig Ty's last (I think its the most recent previous) album Twins.

i liked it better when i thought it was out of 250 since it made me feel better that i dropped 50 bucks on it.

so yeah i'm just gonna keep thinking there's only 250 of them.

I'd be more concerned about the premium cost going toward the quality of the package and material of the record than the scarcity of the particular pressing.

So the blue one is now the most limited? That's kinda BS. The deluxe is cool, but for the price, I would have liked it to be the most exclusive one.

I see the deluxe one more as a trophy framed piece. I can't really imagine someone reaching into their collection day in and out playing it from that album cover. (I'm not saying it won't happen!

Truth be told, Drag City Records needs to step up it's game as it releases the bulk of Ty Segall records. And they don't nearly take advantage of collectible editions with Ty Segall. It's a damn shame really as it seems he has one of the most cultiest cult record collectors on his side. 

Anyone who got the deluxe is deemed pure lucky in my book and should follow the ways of Karma and pass some good luck on!

Drag City consistently releases quality sounding vinyl for a very good price (shipping always included). Their game is stepped up. For some people, how limited or colorful a record is isn't always the most important aspect. 

Agreed, I love how Drag City does.   My only complaint is they don't include downloads but it isnt that big of a deal.

In the Red is probably my favorite label over the past few years and I like how they've just kept the colors to a minimum to usually the first couple hundred and that is it and they pretty much keep things in print for a long time , IMO that is the best way to do it if you feel you have to press variants.

Drag City consistently releases quality sounding vinyl for a very good price (shipping always included). Their game is stepped up. For some people, how limited or colorful a record is isn't always the most important aspect. 

I can agree with this, however the track record of Ty Segall has been releasing albums for quite a while. I'm more a Ty Segall fan than I am a Drag City fan and I just think other labels like Castle Face Records, and In The Red Records have more fun with him as an artist. I mean for me it's the artists job to put out good music, not so much the label. But yes they put out solid gatefolded vinyl

http://easyriderrecords.com/2013/09/17/fuzz-cassettes-sale-thursday-919-9am-pst/

If you're into ridiculous fuzzy tapes or metal diecast casings for steep prices here you go!

Also looks like IN THE RED will make more DELUXE EDITIONS Vinyl next month.

Sort of lame considering first wave of people bought 1st press for 50$ assuming it was extremely limited.

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered the new Fuzz stuff! Sorry we blew through the deluxe version so quickly but, due to demand, we have ordered more and they will be available late next month.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151738225234877&id=39064159876

if only anyone could have foreseen the high demand for this /250 Ty Segall record...

Personally, when I pay $50 for a record, part of what I pay for is the exclusivity of owning a limited pressing. With that in mind, I'm disappointed. I know a lot of VC'ers differ from my opinion when it comes to limited vinyl, but I feel with that hefty price tag, they should have left it as it and not pressed more deluxe editions. I'm not looking to flip it, I'm just looking to hold it in my hands, spin the record, and know I have something special. Maybe it doesn't make any sense, but then again I paid $50 for music I could have easily stolen off of the web for nothing, so making sense may not be my thing.

"There will be no difference in the new batch of deluxe Fuzz LPs. There were 500 to begin with. We're making another 250."

-In The Red Records... so 750 total. 

Those cassette prices are fucking absurd. 

Well yes if you're going to buy the die cast outfit or the hairy fuzzy outfit haha. The standard edition is 10$ not bad for what I've seen for cassette collectors.