Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Not to be a dick (guess there's no way this question can be asked without coming off as one), but why exactly don't you just ban the individual users derailing the blink thread?  There was actually some decent discussion happening occasionally, but when the idiots came in you guys just locked the thread (which is what they wanted you to do.  They had no interest in the releases and just wanted to mess with people who had what they considered to be juvenile music tastes, so, congratulations, they won).  You punish users using the boards correctly and the jackasses who caused the issues laugh and move on.  

Point being, the releases are popular enough that the discussion really shouldn't take place in a generic Hot Topic thread, as it'll probably get overrun with Blink posts.  I don't see why you guys have to lock a thread instead of warning and banning problem posters.  Some of them even had pretty decent feedback ratings so I think they would've taken the threat of a ban pretty seriously if they knew they'd have to start from square one again.  I know I would, and my feedback rating is tiny.

Apologies for being (somewhat) off topic, but it'd sure be nice to know exactly what the rationale is there.

Exactly man... I was always looking forward to updates on Blink news from that thread. It was getting worse having my inbox flooded with notifications by those jerks and their nonsense, they should have just been warned and or banned instead of locking the whole thing. Now how will actual interested users get our updates for the rest of the series besides having to sort through a general Hot Topic thread?

I don't think I once saw a mod say "NO MORE FUCKING BLINK 182 THREADS". So there are what, like 2 more of these splatter records coming out? Who is to say you can't make a "PO SOON Blink 182 Greatest Hits" thread?

These catch all threads always wind up being the biggest cluster fucks because there is too much going on. So even the catch all thread for just Blink 182 got out of hand because none of the casual new members of the board could keep up with what was going on, then the same stupid questions get asked, then the veteran board members get irritated/bored and start spamming the thread with dumb shit.

I don't think I once saw a mod say "NO MORE FUCKING BLINK 182 THREADS". So there are what, like 2 more of these splatter records coming out? Who is to say you can't make a "PO SOON Blink 182 Greatest Hits" thread?

These catch all threads always wind up being the biggest cluster fucks because there is too much going on. So even the catch all thread for just Blink 182 got out of hand because none of the casual new members of the board could keep up with what was going on, then the same stupid questions get asked, then the veteran board members get irritated/bored and start spamming the thread with dumb shit.

This. Stop bitching

Did they actually get pressed though?  I was only aware of "Smile For Them" and the "Williamsburg" 10"

Nevertheless, I would love to have them on vinyl.

Probably not, but I can see them doing some cool stuff with those releases. Like having the pre gap song included on WTDWYAD or having the booklet that came with it explaining the afterlife. That would be dope.

Not to be a dick (guess there's no way this question can be asked without coming off as one), but why exactly don't you just ban the individual users derailing the blink thread?  There was actually some decent discussion happening occasionally, but when the idiots came in you guys just locked the thread (which is what they wanted you to do.  They had no interest in the releases and just wanted to mess with people who had what they considered to be juvenile music tastes, so, congratulations, they won).  You punish users using the boards correctly and the jackasses who caused the issues laugh and move on.  

Point being, the releases are popular enough that the discussion really shouldn't take place in a generic Hot Topic thread, as it'll probably get overrun with Blink posts.  I don't see why you guys have to lock a thread instead of warning and banning problem posters.  Some of them even had pretty decent feedback ratings so I think they would've taken the threat of a ban pretty seriously if they knew they'd have to start from square one again.  I know I would, and my feedback rating is tiny.

Apologies for being (somewhat) off topic, but it'd sure be nice to know exactly what the rationale is there.

You do realize that the "idiots" who got it locked for the final time were not the ones that got it locked before right? It amazes me that none of you will admit that those buying the releases and posting in the thread also contributed to the off topic discussions and jokes. Read those last two pages. Plenty of those responses came from users who were very interested in the releases. Also, don't presume that other users didn't purchase any of the releases. I did. I know Ghost of Randy Savage did. And he offered to grab records for others too.

What sort of decent occasional discussion was there? Asking the same things over and over that were already answered in the OP or by another user, but since people are too lazy to go back and read a few pages they just ask again? If you want to discuss the band, fine, go make a Blink thread in EE because this forum is supposed to be about the vinyl releases, not about the mega awesome time you saw them on tour.

So please,

This. Stop bitching

Yes!

Dan hit the nail right on the head. I, along with others were told to tone it down in the blink thread which in my opinion is insane. The thread gets out of control because the same people kept saying the same stupid shit, people would ask the same question over and over again when the answer could be found in the first god damn post. If you're too lazy/dumb to actually do some research to find answers to easy fucking questions then you deserve the reactions you get.

Dan hit the nail right on the head. I, along with others were told to tone it down in the blink thread which in my opinion is insane. The thread gets out of control because the same people kept saying the same stupid shit, people would ask the same question over and over again when the answer could be found in the first god damn post. If you're too lazy/dumb to actually do some research to find answers to easy fucking questions then you deserve the reactions you get.

You guys could have also just as easily ignored it entirely. Nobody was forcing people to read/post in there.

The reason why the same questions got asked over and over again is because the thread was a total mess of "jokes" and stupid banter. Nobody wants to sit through 6 pages of troll and fake responses to find out if a release is in stores now or not. 

Wrong thread. This thread is for Hot Topic releases. Please bring this over to the correct thread.

The reason why the same questions got asked over and over again is because the thread was a total mess of "jokes" and stupid banter. Nobody wants to sit through 6 pages of troll and fake responses to find out if a release is in stores now or not. 

This isn't even remotely true. Look at how many people ask when something is coming out when it can be found on the first fucking post of the thread.

It's open again anyway, take this bullshit back over there. Or to the new Greatest Hits thread. Or to a Blink 182 thread on EE. There already is one in fact, I made it weeks ago as a joke.

Even better, let's all drop this bullshit altogether, since now the Blink thread is open again, there's nothing more to argue about.

best_friends3.gif

k?

Are those zep reissues 2lps? Local HT has zeps in 180 gram but dont feel like 2lps

ORIGINAL ALBUM VINYL

Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing in exact detail

DELUXE EDITION VINYL

Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris [2 LP's], II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes [Each contains 1 LP] )

Ah ok. Much obliged.

My HT has some gbostbusters, outkast and a bunch of other shit i dont really care about but all stacked up. Well not all, some are in crates etc etc the older releases that is

I've heard elsewhere on here they're stacking their vinyl. If you're gonna sell something ya gotta know how to store/display it properly. Which Outkast album?

I've heard elsewhere on here they're stacking their vinyl. If you're gonna sell something ya gotta know how to store/display it properly. Which Outkast album?

Yeah I don't get it. Luckily the ones around me put it in a crate so they're upright. But there jammed in there which isn't good. The worst part is one of them used to store them correctly with shelves and what not, but now they cram them in a crate too