PO: Finch - What It Is To Burn (Live LP)

Kjm23

I just got this in and this sounds pretty good. I like to hear the audience sing with them. I am a little disappointed with the cheap package design though(I thought it was supposed to be a die-cut cover). No Insert too. Oh well, it does sound good though. 

Also, my brother just showed me a Finch Warped Tour announcement trailer that has "New Album 2014" at the end of it!

Yeah they posted on FB yesterday that they would have a new album for 2014. Since the band said in an article that they weren't too fond of the Say Hello to Sunshine album, I wonder what direction they plan to take. Say Hello to Sunshine surpasses What it is to Burn IMO so I hope this new album isn't a total let down. I honestly have no idea what to expect from them since it's been so long. 

I must say the graphic design on this record is kind of terrible. The back of the album art has 2 columns (Side A 1-8) (Side B 9-15) which is kind of confusing because of there being four sides haha. Also, "New Kid" is the first track on Side D not "Worms of the Earth" as stated on the rear art. So, there are some issues with this release.

I must say the graphic design on this record is kind of terrible. The back of the album art has 2 columns (Side A 1-8) (Side B 9-15) which is kind of confusing because of there being four sides haha. Also, "New Kid" is the first track on Side D not "Worms of the Earth" as stated on the rear art. So, there are some issues with this release.

Just finished listening to this. It sounds great. It does suck that the tracks are switched though. Side D abruptly starts with new kid and then worms of the earth starts with some talking. I couldn't make it out because I was doing dishes but the flow of it is just weird now. Still less bothersome than what is it to burn.

This is a killer performance, and the record sounds great. I got to see them up in orlando and this was by far the best I've ever heard them. Mine had a slight bend in the corner, but I buy vinyl to listen to it so I'm not going to lose a ton of sleep over this. If it sounded bad, that would be a whole different animal, but for $20 I'm happy. 

Everyones saying it and i agree 1000% - Say Hello To Sunshine needs a pressing like now. 

Yeah, the track listing is all wrong...

1185518_10152411956210572_1437819600_n.j

So it doesn't even match up tracklists as record A and record B.

How does that even happen?

Originally this was supposed to be a single lp (if i remember correctly) so they probably changed it to 2xlp after artwork was finished and didnt realize 

So the band who slagged off the Hot Topic pressing and told people not to buy it, whilst claiming to be massive vinyl fans... Have released a balls'd up record??? Nice one!

Yeah exactly. I thought it was a bit assholeish to talk shit on the HT offering. Yeah the cover was pixelated on one pressing but still

I think their main argument against that was that it wasn't even cut from a master recording but a CD. And yes, they talked shit on the pixelated cover and the typos but this is simply a last minute change that occurred and honestly, just having the distribution of the tracks across only two sides when it is actually four, in the printed track list is not the end of the world.