The Beer Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've never once had a problem shipping beer, even overseas.

I've never gone the route of USPS though, just because fedex is right down the street from me, insurance is built into the price of shipping, and it isn't illegal to ship beer through them (though it is against their company policy). 

The trick is just to tell them that your package IS liquid, fragile, and perishable, but make up what it is if they ask. Usually i just say olive oil, liquid yeast samples (heh), hot sauce, etc...

Also, as far as packaging is concerned, unless you have a buttload of bubble-wrap, I usually go with the box within a box method, with newspaper padding between boxes, and newspaper, wrapped bottles. With two boxes It's a little more shock-resistant if it gets abused in transit. Some people also put each bottle in a ziplock bag and tape it shut in case a bottle breaks, but I'm not too sure if that actually works. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ah crap that's right, Hypeslam is coming. =D

Actually that beer is damn tasty, but the ravenous frenzy it whips people into is nuts. I'd be down for a 6pk this year, but only if I got it the same way you did haha. No crazy lines, just grab & go.

Yup, no line or even a wait.  Got lucky and went up there and the woman was calling people on the phone off of a long list.  Asked if something good came in and they told me it was Hopslam.  She asked if my name was on the list and I told her no, but would love to get some if possible.  After a sigh she wrote my name down on the list, then immediately crossed it off, and handed me a sixer. 

anything! white. tripel, curieux. any of the specialties.

distribution to TX got cut about 2-3 years ago. would be better to not know what i'm missing haha.

I'm going back to ME for a concert in two weeks, I can probably get you whatever you want. 

My dad lives like 5 minutes from Allagash. 

I like, never, ever update my untapped. I should, I've had some cool stuff recently but I always forget. 

I'm going back to ME for a concert in two weeks, I can probably get you whatever you want. 

My dad lives like 5 minutes from Allagash. 

I like, never, ever update my untapped. I should, I've had some cool stuff recently but I always forget. 

please hit me up when you go! i'm down for anything allagash. would really like to try some of their limited releases. my wife and I are definitely going to try to head up there at some point and stay somewhere between Boston and Portland.

same thing steve: I'll take anything!

please hit me up when you go! i'm down for anything allagash. would really like to try some of their limited releases. my wife and I are definitely going to try to head up there at some point and stay somewhere between Boston and Portland.

same thing steve: I'll take anything!

Sounds good.

I'll be there Feb. 7th & 8th, but headed to Allagash on the 8th. Feel free to PM me on the 7th if you haven't heard from me because I probably forgot. 

You have to trade or get me a couple bottles of Prairie Bomb! when it comes around though!

Sounds good.

I'll be there Feb. 7th & 8th, but headed to Allagash on the 8th. Feel free to PM me on the 7th if you haven't heard from me because I probably forgot. 

You have to trade or get me a couple bottles of Prairie Bomb! when it comes around though!

not familiar with that one but I can try! i'm only about an hour and a half from Houston, so if nothing else, I can call some places ahead of time and then go pick up whatever. wish I could snag some of the Saint Arnold's bishop barrel #5 for trade--that stuff was divine. i was only able to get a single 12 oz bottle and that was only because i'm part of the craft beer club at a small local wine shop.

not familiar with that one but I can try! i'm only about an hour and a half from Houston, so if nothing else, I can call some places ahead of time and then go pick up whatever.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

Is Prairie Bomb! seasonal? I'm not finding anything much about availability, but if I ever see it, I'll pick up a couple for you guys as well. Shit sounds delicious.

Prairie Bomb isn't seasonal but it does I think have a limited drop schedule. It drops tomorrow so keeps your eyes out in the coming days. 

It is regular size bottle and will have wax on the neck. 

I wasn't going to buy any beer for a while, but I might have to make an exception and see if I'm able to find this.

Beaumont, TX

The "hour and a half from Houston" set off a trigger in my brain. I'm from Nederland.