The Beer Thread

from my favorite Seattle brewery:

SE is my favorite brewery in town too.

I've been getting more into Fremont since I actually started going to the tasting room though. Most of their wide release retail stuff hasn't impressed me, but they have been doing some excellent sours as of late. 

SE is my favorite brewery in town too.

I've been getting more into Fremont since I actually started going to the tasting room though. Most of their wide release retail stuff hasn't impressed me, but they have been doing some excellent sours as of late. 

Schooner is hideously underrated. i don't know why anyone would go to somewhere like Pike Brewing. gross.

Fremont has had a few good limited ones, but i agree their standard release brews don't impress me (or at least not enough to buy it over the other hundred great options at our disposal out here. seriously, we're spoiled)

Friend of my gave me a bottle of Rogue's Sriracha stout.  Pretty stoked to drink it .

Also, spending the next week in Austin and plan on drinking all sorts of new stuff.  Guess there's a peppered beer event on Saturday and my brother and I plan on visiting Jester King's brewery on Sunday.

Out West peeps; anybody wanna send out some Almanac or Modern Times beers my way? I'd be down for a trade.

MA peeps, same question, for any of y'all who can get some Night Shift.

Also PA peeps, any chance anybody near Tired Hands wants to do a swap of some sort?

Also jefferson, we gotta do this soon too haha. I've got 5-6 things w/ your name on em.

I've been waiting to hear from you, usually you have specific requests so I haven't grabbed anything yet! That and that most VT stuff is on the hoppy side and is best consumed fresh. I'll be in MA in May and could hit the Night Shift taproom as well.

Should we tentatively schedule a package from VT to NC for May?

Out West peeps; anybody wanna send out some Almanac or Modern Times beers my way? I'd be down for a trade.

I should be able to get you some Almanacs at my local bottle shop. Not sure what's out currently, but they usually have a few on the shelves year round. Shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

Modern Times hasn't made it this far up the state yet.

I've been waiting to hear from you, usually you have specific requests so I haven't grabbed anything yet! That and that most VT stuff is on the hoppy side and is best consumed fresh. I'll be in MA in May and could hit the Night Shift taproom as well.

Should we tentatively schedule a package from VT to NC for May?

Yeah I've totally dropped the ball on communication haha. But May works for me! Also if you snag any Lawson's 'sunshine' beers, I say we shoot a package off as soon as possible, haha. I'm still down here half-dreaming of Triple Sunshine again.

Yeah I've totally dropped the ball on communication haha. But May works for me! Also if you snag any Lawson's 'sunshine' beers, I say we shoot a package off as soon as possible, haha. I'm still down here half-dreaming of Triple Sunshine again.

He is brewing Double Sunshine on a larger rig in CT now so Sip of Sunshine (which is the Double recipe) is easier to get. Not walk into store and grab it easy, but be in line at a known time and you'll get some easy. I'll keep my eyes peeled for special Friday bottle drops as well, but they've turned into Sip of Sunshine drops half the time. You'll get something from Lawson's for sure. 

Alchemist is not even worth it right now. You have to enter a lottery to win the opportunity to go the an event to get your beer. So dumb. 

Hill Farmstead trip is doable though. Probably do that. 

Alchemist is not even worth it right now. You have to enter a lottery to win the opportunity to go the an event to get your beer. So dumb. 

wow; calm down John K. (rather, calm down Heady freaks; it's good. but so is Victory Dirt Wolf  ;))

Awesome to hear on the other two though!

Anyone interested in a trade? Pittsburgh area has started having a pretty wide craft selection over the past year.

I second this.  and in most places its not awful costing to get stuff.  the market districts offer some good mix and match 6 pack options.

got to try the rogue sriracha beer this weekend.  took me a few hours to finish the whole bottle.  its interesting and probably will never get it again. 

Allagash sours are a tough get but they are doing a Coolship release on the 11th. The occasionally lacto they do usually isn't amazing.

IN FOR A COOLSHIP (or two if ya can swing it, haha).

a good friend had her coolship cerise bottle swiped during a beer thing for their birthday. wanna replace it for her.

(Side note: niku, you know her. it's Lara Murphy [@urbanroutine]. haha)

Sending my Dad over on the 11th. 4 per person so I should have one with your name on it, provided they don't sell out.

Now... brew me some more Milo....

haha deal!

Also, i'm on a wrestling kick, so here's what's souring/aging/on deck to be made this month:

Brett The Hitman Hop: an all brett DIPA

Macho Man Randy Sauvin: A brett finished saison dry hopped w/ a buttload of Nelson Sauvin

Stone Fruit Steve Austin: A Lychee IPA

From Parts Unknown: A Mango/Green Apple Lambic-style beer

IN FOR A COOLSHIP (or two if ya can swing it, haha).

a good friend had her coolship cerise bottle swiped during a beer thing for their birthday. wanna replace it for her.

(Side note: niku, you know her. it's Lara Murphy [@urbanroutine]. haha)

damn, thats shitty! I actually met her and Paul H at Mikkeller bar in SF. I gave them coins to fill their meter since the bartender didnt have enough change and thats how our relationship started lol. Really freakin cool people. 

Ive never had any of the coolships and im dying to try em. Will trade ANY of my almanac or bruery sours for em. and i literally have almost every almanac sour theyve put out through farm to barrel.