The Beer Thread

This beer is great. They make it every year. Last year they bought all the Count Chocula from the local grocery stores and everyone complained. This year they received all they need direct from the factory for free! Great dudes making great beer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad this got bumped. I've really been getting more into craft beers lately. Best one I've had recently was the Chocolate Manifesto from Flying Monkeys (??) brewery. Tasted like a 10% chocolate milkshake.

I'm dying to try Heady Topper, Good Morning & Pliny the Elder. Any hook ups??

Damn, where I live in Canada we can't even get that beer from Flying Monkeys. That's awesome you could get it in the US.

Glad this got bumped. I've really been getting more into craft beers lately. Best one I've had recently was the Chocolate Manifesto from Flying Monkeys (??) brewery. Tasted like a 10% chocolate milkshake.

I'm dying to try Heady Topper, Good Morning & Pliny the Elder. Any hook ups??

I can get some Pliny.

Brewing a 10 gal batch of amber ale for a local competition. I splitting it into 2 5 gal batches after the boil. One batch will have Dry English yeast and the other East Coast. I'm excited to taste the difference. Also the White Labs tasting room is opening in Boulder soon!

I can get some Pliny.

Brewing a 10 gal batch of amber ale for a local competition. I splitting it into 2 5 gal batches after the boil. One batch will have Dry English yeast and the other East Coast. I'm excited to taste the difference. Also the White Labs tasting room is opening in Boulder soon!

I'll be in touch...if that means I could buy some off of you.  I may be getting some as a gift soon, so I don't want to spoil that, but if it falls through, I will get with you.

Or if you want to trade for anything in my area (Northeast Ohio).  Nothing with a lot of buzz (that I am aware of) in this area, but we have some decent stuff (Great Lakes Brewery, Fat Heads).

Damn, where I live in Canada we can't even get that beer from Flying Monkeys. That's awesome you could get it in the US.

Damn that sucks!  Yeah it was just a random purchase because as I was looking around the guy working the store was putting these large, funky yellow boxes in the cooler.  So I was intrigued.  Turned out to be a GREAT purchase haha.

I was in Vermont this weekend. Much Heady Topper and Hills Farmstead was had. Prohibition Pig also brews some great stuff. I'm hoping to take a drive back up soon to pick up some Headys and such. 

I can get Heady or any VT stuff. I've got a bit of a backlog for other users at the moment but I can add you to the queue if you like. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got into a bomber of the Stone/Sierra Nevada collaboration NXS (Northy by South) IPA last weekend. That's a damn complex and intriguing IPA

Also grabbed a Ballast Point Victory At Sea that I have nothing but great things to say about

I've got a bomber of the Terrapin Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA that I'll get around to (not expectin much....bought for the novelty of it, really)

Also a bomber of Straight To Ale's Laika Russian Imperial Stout, I opted for the regular one over the one aged in a Bourbon Barrel or a Wine Barrel...I'll get to those other two after I get a base-reading on the regular Laika and see how it holds up

Straight To Ale is quickly becoming my Go-To Alabama brewery, it's all solid flavor-wise, they have canning and bottling down and I haven't had a sip that I've felt "meh" about thusfar. Plus one of the guys from St. Paul and The Broken Bones did some of the graphics for their cans if I'm not mistaken

Had forgotten about this thread, no telling how many I've missed, I had to jump from page 27 to here