Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Gave it a listen and was thoroughly impressed. There's some straight-up Isis channeling on there and I love it. Do you know if there's a black press, or if the red /500 is the only variant available? Asking because I've found it a bit cheaper on other sites but there's no mention of the colorway.

[edit]

For an extra $3 or $4, I'll just order it directly from the band and eliminate all guesswork.  Seems like it'd be the right thing to do as far as supporting them with my money, too.

I've only seen it in the blood red, no black. So much music coming in right now, I feel like a hamster in one of those running wheels - and most of the music hasn't sunk down deep yet. Just general feelings of 1. like it alot, 2. love it, 3.crave it, but can't remember the name of a single track.

Definitely a later ISIS groove with P S O T Y   No doubt, it's filling that void in my musical heart, without being a total ripoff, and they have good chops. Nice guys, too. One of the blogs I read says they are 'nice boys'.  i have no idea how old they are. Their 2 prior EPs are just some straight head banging postmetal I'd love to experience live. That seems to be the concerts I want to go in my old age. The rest - chill or soar to the heights at home.

Glad they are getting a little love from the gang here  :wub:  Mucho respect for you all. Have a great weekend now we got the Jakob and Whirr/Nothing behind us.

Yep, that Pet Slimmers is really good.  I get an Isis meets Terraformer vibe.  Awesome stuff.

Hey Don where did you order the Pet Slimmers vinyl from? I found it for $36 shipped from a domestic site. Is that about what you paid with shipping? Really wanna pick this up at some point.

That's a solid description - our ears are similar.

$36 is the best I have seen, and they all are 'blood red' from my understanding... /500 2xLP sets pressed.

I paid a bit more like Derek said ordering from their Big Cartel site (I was going to get their shirt ($16) free shipping anywhere to the world, then figured out they must be strapped / slow sales, so I just ordered the wax from their site. The exchange was about $39 and change).

Funny how currency conscious I've become. That GBP has been strong for the past 3 years or more, but the Euro has been down, then strong (ouch), and recently plunged making Euro purchases more favorable to US buyers again.

• 2 weeks later...

This Patch of Sky hasn't been covered? They're alright.

They're releasing their s/t on vinyl here (PO): https://thispatchofsky.bandcamp.com/

2XLP edition of /100

Earlier work for free here: http://thispatchofsky.bandcamp.com/album/newly-risen-how-brightly-you-shine

You and I already had a conversation about this album here haha. I agree, though. It's a very good listen. A lot of different elements.

And if anyone wants to hear what ITTCT would sound like with piano and some GIAA thrown in, this is for you:

http://frondibus.bandcamp.com/album/leafage-2

You and I already had a conversation about this album here haha. I agree, though. It's a very good listen. A lot of different elements.

And if anyone wants to hear what ITTCT would sound like with piano and some GIAA thrown in, this is for you:

http://frondibus.bandcamp.com/album/leafage-2

Good description! Great listen - piano is just right.

I'm thinking of starting a new thing with post-rock recommendations, where you give a link to an album with the description, or FFO, as a vinyl colorway.

For example, new Pet Slimmers could be thought of as a Half Jakob/Half Sisters Of... w/ Russian Circles Splatter.

...or This Patch of Sky - S/T as the Seven Mile Journey w/Yndi Halda and TWDY swirl.

I don't know, maybe I'm delirious. But I am gonna throw another recommendation out there for anyone interested:

10h91xv.jpg

Anatomy of the Bear - S/T

Description: Ancients/The Calm Blue Sea/The Album Leaf Tri-Color

• jhulud locked this topic