Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I think once a month Matt gets a collective standing ovation for something he posts haha.  Once again, well done!

your athletics? why?

Yeah, I list this as a maybe because I'm not entirely sure yet.  As much as I love Athletics, this piano remix album doesn't do much for me.  I don't think I'll listen to it more than the one time I already listened.  And I'm not an Athletics completest, so I was thinking someone that may appreciate it more that missed out may want it.  Not looking to flip at all.  Prob would only want $30ppd.

I need to start paying off some of this stuff I bought recently.  Snagged that Tides of Man tour press & about to buy an /5 copy of that Unconditional Arms - Kinship album!

Hilarious...will found a band with Gumbo after you got a life...will probably take some time

Everything I say to Gumbo is in good fun and he knows that. He is a good sport and goes along with it. I don't know why you are so tightly wound and take it personally as if I'm talking to you. And yeah, that reply took a whole 5 minutes of my life to type. Good thing I have all the free time in the world according to you.

Have you ever seen sunshine? Have you ever laughed? God damn you're so fucking high strung, dude. Chill out.

Matt . . . that Deadhorse post. Crying :lol:.

Gumbo, man, just listen to the recs that come up in this thread. I'm always rolling my eyes when I post something, nobody takes notice, then four pages later someone posts their own link with exclamation points all over it. I'm absolutely guilty of that myself, but nowadays when I find a new band in this niche I try to find where it's been linked in this thread in the past and give that person credit for it. This is a community, after all.

Gumbo, man, just listen to the recs that come up in this thread. I'm always rolling my eyes when I post something, nobody takes notice, then four pages later someone posts their own link with exclamation points all over it. I'm absolutely guilty of that myself, but nowadays when I find a new band in this niche I try to find where it's been linked in this thread in the past and give that person credit for it. This is a community, after all.

It's all in good fun. Haha.

Speaking of you, you had your FS thead and I remember you having Deadhorse. If you want to get rid of it, I'm sure Gumby would take it.

//

Have a look, Gumby: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/92058-fs-most-of-my-collection-post-rock-pop-punk-older-skramz-etc/

I'm sure there are odds and ends in there you would be all about.

Since the new Bossk album just arrived to my door and it hasn't been mentioned in OP or anywhere else in here that I know of...:

a3955605786_16.jpg

// Bossk

| Album: Audio Noir

| Format: LP

| Release Date: March, 2016

| Tracks: 7

| Length: 45:14

| Genre: Post Metal / Post Rock / Sludge

| For fans of: Cult of Luna, Baroness, Year Of No Light

// Info:

/ 1st Pressing

| Black In Translucent Purple /300

| Mint /700

| Opaque Purple /1000

// Buy:

| BC: http://bosskband.bandcamp.com/album/audio-noir(Digital)

| http://store.deathwishinc.com/product/DW187v.html/ Vinyl & CD (US)

| http://store.throatruinerrecords.com/categories/preorders/ Vinyl & CD (EU)

* Deathwish has a special where you can get the 7" added on to the LP for $4.80. I highly suggest it cause Pick Up Artist fucking rips so hard. Available in green w. smoke or gold.

| http://bosskband.bandcamp.com/album/pick-up-artist-b-w-albatross

// Description:

"Bossk are an atmospheric post-everything band from Ashford, Kent, England.

Over the course of a decade Bossk have blurred the lines between the Post Metal and Post Rock subgenres,earning cult like status in the underground music scene. They’ve selectively shared stages with bands including …And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead, Cult of Luna, Dragged Into Sunlight, and many more.

They have also made a number of festival appearances including including Damnation, Roadburn, Temples, etc. “Audio Noir” is a truly transcendent aural experience. Opener “The Reverie” transports the listener to new dimensions through hypnotic repetition and layered instrumentation before taking a turn into stoner doom territory with “Heliopause”. Emotional instrumental ”Relancer” builds to a sonic crescendo while leading to the awesome “Kobe”. A song that shifts a multitude of gears before setting into one of the more chaotic hooks the band has ever produced. “Atom Smasher” then carries some of the heaviest moments of the album before beautifully disintegrating into the touching track “Nadir”. Lastly, Bossk unveil “The Reverie II”, a brilliant ten minute reprise that shows the band at the peak of their creative powers. Solidifying “Audio Noir” as the best kind of masterpiece; a sea change that the music world never saw coming."

// Listen:

// Look:
haDILab.jpg

pAHFxHF.jpg

I've wanted to check out Bossk for a while and this'll provide the perfect opportunity. Any other albums besides the new one I should visit?

Check out .1. It's two tracks clocking in at 36m. It came out 10 years ago and still rips.

spotify:album:5mVMxAtxYWChtroxchoUOu

https://open.spotify.com/album/5mVMxAtxYWChtroxchoUOu

Same deal with .2.

spotify:album:2cwmfSUWrDj7VvTd6oPN2y

https://open.spotify.com/album/2cwmfSUWrDj7VvTd6oPN2y

Everything I say to Gumbo is in good fun and he knows that. He is a good sport and goes along with it. I don't know why you are so tightly wound and take it personally as if I'm talking to you. And yeah, that reply took a whole 5 minutes of my life to type. Good thing I have all the free time in the world according to you.

Have you ever seen sunshine? Have you ever laughed? God damn you're so fucking high strung, dude. Chill out.

Sometimes I don't know, haha. But HOLY SHIT ISN'T DEADHORSE AMAZING?

And your response, which would the matter, should simply be: I KNOW DUDE, RIGHT? We all collectively freak out, and I move on. :) Super easy!

But really, on the serious side of it, it's that I'm finally discovering these things and want to talk about them with people who also freak out over the music. I mean, this is post-rock; the ULTIMATE freak-out music! THOSE PEAKS. The builds! The emotion! It's literally feelings in sound.

Yeah yeah no, I mean... it usually takes me a while, and with Deadhorse, I knew you guys were always talking about them but I finally just was like "oh!" last night and had it pop into my head, so I listened. And the rest is history.

Could you imagine how much we would accomplish if we could channel Matt's rage at my posts into horsepower for industry? We could move mountains!

Got a rush order? Well, fuck... wouldn't it be great if Caspian split up Malacoda and put Loft in the middle? :P

• jhulud locked this topic