Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Since the new Bossk album just arrived to my door and it hasn't been mentioned in OP or anywhere else in here that I know of...:

a3955605786_16.jpg

// Bossk

| Album: Audio Noir

| Format: LP

| Release Date: March, 2016

| Tracks: 7

| Length: 45:14

| Genre: Post Metal / Post Rock / Sludge

| For fans of: Cult of Luna, Baroness, Year Of No Light

// Info:

/ 1st Pressing

| Black In Translucent Purple /300

| Mint /700

| Opaque Purple /1000

// Buy:

| BC: http://bosskband.bandcamp.com/album/audio-noir(Digital)

| http://store.deathwishinc.com/product/DW187v.html/ Vinyl & CD (US)

| http://store.throatruinerrecords.com/categories/preorders/ Vinyl & CD (EU)

* Deathwish has a special where you can get the 7" added on to the LP for $4.80. I highly suggest it cause Pick Up Artist fucking rips so hard. Available in green w. smoke or gold.

| http://bosskband.bandcamp.com/album/pick-up-artist-b-w-albatross

// Description:

"Bossk are an atmospheric post-everything band from Ashford, Kent, England.

Over the course of a decade Bossk have blurred the lines between the Post Metal and Post Rock subgenres,earning cult like status in the underground music scene. They’ve selectively shared stages with bands including …And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead, Cult of Luna, Dragged Into Sunlight, and many more.

They have also made a number of festival appearances including including Damnation, Roadburn, Temples, etc. “Audio Noir” is a truly transcendent aural experience. Opener “The Reverie” transports the listener to new dimensions through hypnotic repetition and layered instrumentation before taking a turn into stoner doom territory with “Heliopause”. Emotional instrumental ”Relancer” builds to a sonic crescendo while leading to the awesome “Kobe”. A song that shifts a multitude of gears before setting into one of the more chaotic hooks the band has ever produced. “Atom Smasher” then carries some of the heaviest moments of the album before beautifully disintegrating into the touching track “Nadir”. Lastly, Bossk unveil “The Reverie II”, a brilliant ten minute reprise that shows the band at the peak of their creative powers. Solidifying “Audio Noir” as the best kind of masterpiece; a sea change that the music world never saw coming."

// Listen:

// Look:haDILab.jpg

pAHFxHF.jpg

Oh man!!! This stuff is fucking great! Bummed that purple is sold out, I would have bought that instantly. And this 7" track fucking KILLS!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Oh man I'm buying this so hard tomorrow. I just have to decide which color Aura Noir I want. That's also the name of a great black metal band btw.

The 2nd half of Pick Up Artist is fucking PERFECT.

It's all in good fun. Haha.

Speaking of you, you had your FS thead and I remember you having Deadhorse. If you want to get rid of it, I'm sure Gumby would take it.

//

Have a look, Gumby: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/92058-fs-most-of-my-collection-post-rock-pop-punk-older-skramz-etc/

I'm sure there are odds and ends in there you would be all about.

Oh god. There's already a bunch. I don't want to know how much he'd want for Solace though! haha I might pay it though!!!

Oh man!!! This stuff is fucking great! Bummed that purple is sold out, I would have bought that instantly. And this 7" track fucking KILLS!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Oh man I'm buying this so hard tomorrow. I just have to decide which color Aura Noir I want. That's also the name of a great black metal band btw.

The 2nd half of Pick Up Artist is fucking PERFECT.

Oh god. There's already a bunch. I don't want to know how much he'd want for Solace though! haha I might pay it though!!!

Matt, where are you seeing that you can get the 7" Bossk discounted?

Given your post metal taste I figured you would like it. That blob sold out not too long ago, if I remember correctly. But the lime is supposed to be gnarly looking. You can't lose for $14. You'll hear ISIS in it for sure.

When you go to checkout, and after you enter you shipping / billing, the next screen will be the 'add to your order'. I went and did it to double check while I was posting. I'd give you mine cause I have two but if you're ordering the LP it makes more sense to just add it for what it would cost me to mail it.

I uploaded you Audio Noir in case you want to hear it.

uIZwavU.jpg

Given your post metal taste I figured you would like it. That blob sold out not too long ago, if I remember correctly. But the lime is supposed to be gnarly looking. You can't lose for $14. You'll hear ISIS in it for sure.

When you go to checkout, and after you enter you shipping / billing, the next screen will be the 'add to your order'. I went and did it to double check while I was posting. I'd give you mine cause I have two but if you're ordering the LP it makes more sense to just add it for what it would cost me to mail it.

I uploaded you Audio Noir in case you want to hear it.

uIZwavU.jpg

Sweet, I'll do this tomorrow. I gotta get to fucking sleep now. Gliding away on this Johnnytwentythree track right now. Amazing stuff.

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Mint Green vinyl tomorrow, as long as it's still available.

EDIT: Nvm, bought it now. Heh

Some dude on CL is selling a lot of good stuff. Some over priced, some under priced:

Beware of safety-dogs-pilsner-2xlp /300-$20
Beware of safety-dogs-pilsner-2xlp /300-$20
Beware of safety-it is curtains-black /250-$8
Beware of safety-scars-brown 2xlp 45rpm /300-$12

Caspian-live at old south church-white-/200-$25
Caspian-four trees first press tour edition-brown/white splatter-white/brown splatter /300-$40
Caspian-four trees-Transparent Pilsner w/ Maroon and Black Splatter/100 all second press-$62
Caspian-four trees-clear/bronze swirl /100-$40
Caspian-four trees-Bronze-/400-$30
Caspian-conductor/four trees combo-white /210-$42
Caspian-Tertia-3rd press bloody gold splatter /104-$50
Caspian-Tertia-3rd press maroon/gold swirl /100-$30
Caspian Tertia-Second press-gold /300-$20
Caspian Tertian-Second press white /200-$27
Caspian-waking season-clear-$18
Caspian-waking season-purple marble first press tour copy-300-$50
Caspian-you are the conductor-black 180g /300-$18
Caspian-you are the conductor-clear green 180g /100-$28
Caspian-you are the conductor-mint green 180g /100-$35
Caspian-Hymn for the greatest generation-milky brown /250-$30

Earth-demons of light 2-aqua blue-$28
Earth-bureaucratic desire-$16
Earth-Earth 2-$8

Giants-old stories-Sea blue/mustard yellow /200-$18
Giants-old stories-gray/oxblood /300-$18
Giants-they the undeserving-cream/maroon /300-$15
Giants-they the undeserving-trans sky blue /100-$28
Giants-they the undeserving-opaque maroon /100-$35
Giants/beware of safety-split 7’-

Gifts from enola-loyal eyes betray the mind /250-$25
Gifts from enola-s/t-orange-/300-$13
Gifts from enola-a healthy fear-blue /300-$15
Gifts from enola-a healthy fear-Opaque baby blue band exclusive /100-$25

Glaciers-mirrored-black marble or brown marble-$15
Glaciers-and the sea won the battle-clear/blue-$15

God speed you black emporor-dont bend ascend-180g-$16

God is an astronaut-far from refuge-288/500-Hand #-$60
God is an astronaut-s/t-63/500-Hand #-$50
God is an astronaut-all is violent all is bright-clear /500-$50

If these trees could talk-red forrest-white/brown(bone/bronze) second press small seam split-/200-$28
If these trees could talk-red forrest-clear/green swirl second press /200-$50
If these trees could talk-s/t-orange second press- /100-$40
If these trees could talk-s/t-orange/black(half orange half black) second press /300-$35
If these trees could talk-Above the earth-second press clear/green(trans forrest green) /150-$45
If these trees could talk-Above the earth below the sky-second press-opaque aqua blue /250-$35
If these trees could talk-st & above the earth below the sky-sheath 050-clear /150-$65

Junius-martrydom-brown-$20
Junius-days of the fallen sun-mylene sheath limited Mylene Sheath edition-brown/cream swirl hand numbered 65/100-$30

Mogwai-hardcore will never die-$15
Mogwai-earth division-$10
Mogwai-the hawk is howling-$30
Mogwai -government commisions-$32
Mogwai-les revenants ep-$40
Mogwai-special moves-$25
Mogwai-les revenants-$18
Mogwai-Rave tapes box set-$85

Mono-walking cloud-$10
Mono-you are there-$10
Mono-hym to the immortal world-$16
Mono-one step more and you die-$14
Mono-for my parents-white-$32

Pelican-ataraxia-Bone-$12
Pelican-march into the sea-clear /500-$8
Pelican-what we all come to need-clear/black/red/grey splatter-/550-$45
Pelican-pink mammoth-pink/black-$9
Pelican-s/t-gray-/500-$16
Pelican-australasia-black-$22
Pelican-city of echoes-silver-$30
Pelican-the fire in our throats-white-$45
Pelican-Arktika-orange-/500-$20
Pelican-Forever becoming- 1 orange 1 blue-/500-$30

Red sparowes-at the soundless dawn-clear green-/500-$18
Red sparowes-the fear is excruciating-black-$20
Red sparowes-every red heart-red-$25

Russian circles-station-brown/black splatter-$70
Russian circles-geneva-black-$18
Russian circles-empros-red-$20

Samuel jackson 5-box-black-$150
Samuel jackson 5-easily misunderstood-clear/orange-$100
Samuel jackson 5-s/t-blue-$28

Sigur ros-inni-$35
Sigur ros-meo suo-$16
Sigur ros-hvarf heir-record store day edition clear green-$22

This will destroy you-s/t-?
This will destroy you-young mountain-Marble grey-$20

Unwed sailor-little wars-$10
Unwed sailor-the faithful anchor-$18
Unwed sailor-the marionette and the music box-$16

Windmills by the ocean-1-$6.00
Windmills by the ocean-2-$6.00

Someone from Germany listed the "reflection" variant of Colaris' "Renewal" on Discogs. I've been wanting the puppy for awhile now. It's $28 without shipping so I'm guessing total it would be $40-$45. Is that a good price? I know Don mentioned he had the reflection variant. Does anyone else have it that is willing to part with one?

Someone from Germany listed the "reflection" variant of Colaris' "Renewal" on Discogs. I've been wanting the puppy for awhile now. It's $28 without shipping so I'm guessing total it would be $40-$45. Is that a good price? I know Don mentioned he had the reflection variant. Does anyone else have it that is willing to part with one?

I was after that variant for a while and could never justify the shipping, even though that variant looks like labradorite. Shipping will cost you $22, so all in all it'll set ya back $50. I have the Yearning variant, which I got from Don.

I know that variant is amazing, but you can grab red w. black haze for $30 to your door. Save yourself $20 fora  variant and get another record with the difference. http://narshardaa.bigcartel.com/product/colaris-renewal-2xlp

If you can work something out with him on shipping the stuff to my place, I could ship it to you (not registered, though) for around $10...but probably only makes sense if he sells for 25€ ppd....ask him ;)

Anyone in the market for any of these?  I'm thinking of unloading a few things, and figured I'd give you guys the heads up first.

Definitely will unload...

Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (180g black)

Caspian - Tertia (2nd press, white, /200)

Pray For Sound - Dreamer (purple, /150)

Not entirely sure yet...

Athletics - Stop Torturing Yourself 10" lathe #'d 19/43

Gifts From Enola - A Healthy Fear (yellow w/ navy blue haze, /100)

Last call on these.  Gonna post them up in the sale forum tonight.

I'm about 5 seconds away from having a Gumbo-esque reaction to how good this Obsidian Kingdom vinyl sounds. It's pretty much perfect. Makes the album 10 times better than it was. Especially "The Kandinsky Group". Holy shit.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's an NA distributor carrying a few colors so you don't have to go the expensive Bandcamp route. Comes out to under $25ppd.

http://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=5&q=obsidian+kingdom

Awwww shit, I missed it! I wish there was video from their Warfield gig, I can't imagine how amazing that probably sounded there.

Apparently they broke out Malacoda too, if Phil's choice of words on Facebook are to be interpreted the way I think they are.

Currently geeking on A Swarm of the Sun myself. Thanks to MATT for posting them a while back in that epic multi-post.

• jhulud locked this topic