Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

But...is it really that edgy just to think that not every band in the world is good, or deserving of having their album put on vinyl? ;)

If they've got their shit together enough to record an album that, at least sonically, does sound good, sure...  give them the chance.  They might fail, but everybody should get the chance to do it if they want to.  They're putting the effort and energy in, so why not.  I'm not that big into their songs, but hell... other people might be.  

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

If they've got their shit together enough to record an album that, at least sonically, does sound good, sure...  give them the chance.  They might fail, but everybody should get the chance to do it if they want to.  They're putting the effort and energy in, so why not.  I'm not that big into their songs, but hell... other people might be.  

For real though, it's great you're always on the lookout for new stuff to enjoy and are willing to share when you do (which is most of the time, though). I'm more of a fuck this and fuck that in particular-kind of person, but I do appreciate the effort. It sure is satisfying to dig through the huge bulk of shit that's out there and end up finding something worthwhile. 

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

I want a Food Network show with Gumbo where he reacts the same exact way to restaurants.

*bites hamburger*

*stands up*

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT CHRIST WOWWWWWWWWWWWW JUICIEST FUCKING BURGER I'VE EVER FUCKING HAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

*parents cover childrens' eyes & ears*

I imagine Guy Fieri on a shit ton of Red Bull.

"THIS IS LIKE THE EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY OF HAMBURGERSSSS!!!! WOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!! (INSERT LOUD UNORTHODOX ANALOGY HERE)!!!!!!!!"

48 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

"THIS IS LIKE THE EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY OF HAMBURGERSSSS!!!! WOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!! (INSERT LOUD UNORTHODOX ANALOGY HERE)!!!!!!!!"

THIS BURGER IS LIKE SOME KIND OF COW GOD CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND JIZZED DIRECTLY INTO MY MOUTH. THE CHEESE IS LIKE A BLANKET OF WARM SOUND, COMPLETELY COVERING MY TONGUE IN A CREAMY, FUZZ LADEN LAYER OF POST-BURGER GOODNESS. THE BUN IS TOASTED TO PERFECTION, AS IF THE SUN ITSELF BEAMED DOWN A FOCUSED RAY OF PURE SOLAR ENERGY.  10/10 BURGER.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

THIS BURGER IS LIKE SOME KIND OF COW GOD CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND JIZZED DIRECTLY INTO MY MOUTH. THE CHEESE IS LIKE A BLANKET OF WARM SOUND, COMPLETELY COVERING MY TONGUE IN A CREAMY, FUZZ LADEN LAYER OF POST-BURGER GOODNESS. THE BUN IS TOASTED TO PERFECTION, AS IF THE SUN ITSELF BEAMED DOWN A FOCUSED RAY OF PURE SOLAR ENERGY.  10/10 BURGER.

All while wearing sandals in the kitchen.

Holy shit, is Gumbo the Guy Fieri of post rock... 

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

These posts are...

*wait for it*

...well done.

I'll get back to that list of 5 albums soon but in the meantime, THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

EF - Give Me Beauty... or Give Me Death Repress!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's up for pre-order now.  

http://kapitaen-platte.de/shop/pre-order-ef-give-me-beauty-or-give-me-death-2lp/

SHIRT BUNDLE

http://kapitaen-platte.de/shop/pre-order-ef-bundle-give-me-beauty-2lp-t-shirt/

Anyway, albums that are just okay to me:

Explosions In The Sky - Those Who Tell The Truth....

This Will Destroy You - Another Language

Sunlight Ascending - Leaving My Waiting Room   

The End of the Ocean - In Excelsis

Tides From Nebula - Eternal Movement

These albums all have some redeeming moments or qualities, but overall just do mostly nothing for me, and are paled in comparison to their other works.  

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'll get back to that list of 5 albums soon but in the meantime, THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

EF - Give Me Beauty... or Give Me Death Repress!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's up for pre-order now.  

http://kapitaen-platte.de/shop/pre-order-ef-give-me-beauty-or-give-me-death-2lp/

SHIRT BUNDLE

http://kapitaen-platte.de/shop/pre-order-ef-bundle-give-me-beauty-2lp-t-shirt/

Now that I'm all about. 

• jhulud locked this topic