Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Yeah, me too. If they have it at the show, I'll pick it up.

I'm going to be basically coming home with a suitcase full of vinyl I feel like...

The group-buy for this would have been by far the most sensible thing, but with no heads up and established release date, combined with the /250 nature of the splatters, I think I made the right call. I would have loved to have saved on shipping, but... these records are more important to have.

Let me know if they have it for sure! Those Wang Wen songs are fucking so killer.

TOO MUCH POST-ROCK THIS MORNING.

I literally need to calm myself down, haha. My Fourteen Nights At Sea package came this morning.

Fourteen Nights At Sea:

S/T vinyl + CD

Minor Light vinyl

Great North CD

Tom from Hobbledehoy also threw in a free copy of This Will Destroy You "Another Language" on CD too!!! And some CD by a band called Arrows, which I know nothing about.

I'm spinning the S/T album right now, and this pressing is god-damn magnificent. Utterly perfect. The needle is riding the vinyl like butter; no noise, nothing. Absolutely clean and perfect. The sound of this recording is huge, too.

Wait til I show you guys the picture of how it came, though! Haha. Looks like the corner was dipped into a wood chipper.

Also just put my Temporary Residence order through for Tarentel... picked up "From Bone To Satellite" on colored vinyl, and CD versions of their S/T and Ephemera EP's.

$50 well-spent. Oi vey... my bank account...

Bud, want me to grab an extra for you and ship it with that other record whenever you're ready? I don't think there'd be problems with changing my order. Let me know!

If that doesn't make your shipping do some crazy amount (they charge per record for US orders for some reason), that would be awesome. That's a brilliant idea!

Don offered to grab one in his bundle that he gets from a buddy out there. So I think I'm covered. I'll let you know if that changes though.

If that doesn't make your shipping do some crazy amount (they charge per record for US orders for some reason), that would be awesome. That's a brilliant idea!

Shipping from Pelagic to my door stays the same, no matter how many records I order. Shipping from my door to yours shouldn't change either. I'll check tomorrow. Which one do you need?

edit: No worries, hit me up if things should change.

Shipping from Pelagic to my door stays the same, no matter how many records I order. Shipping from my door to yours shouldn't change either. I'll check tomorrow. Which one do you need?

But Charlie could use a Key splatter. So if you want to grab that, that would be awesome. Then I can ship that to him. <3

Let us know how your copies sound

Red Forest came today. About halfway through the first side, grabbed the red with white haze. Looks great and sounds a whole lot better than the first press I had of this. Not the quietest record I own, but pretty solid overall, happy to have this again for a not shit price B)

so Spartan Records has 5 copies of the /100 Lily (previously sold out) for sale.

Just saw that. I have a copy, it sounds pretty good. I wish the band used some different hi-hats during the recording process, because some of the heavier moments get a little muddy in the mix. But the clean, clear stuff, like the middle section of Nostos, are just absolutely BRILLIANT sounding.

Man I really don't want to miss out on that Pg. Lost "In Never Out" repress but I'm seriously low on funds. Anyone willing to help me out?

If nobody steps up, I'll email them tomorrow when I contact them about adding my shirt.

//

Also, I just heard from the guitarist of Fourteen Nights At Sea. He still has around 10 copies of Great North left on vinyl, if any of you want to jump in on a group buy from him?

If you don't know the album, play this. LOUD.

Again with the double-post, I just want to make sure you guys all see this.

Liam from Fourteen Nights At Sea has around 10 copies of "Great North" left. Would any of you guys be interested in a group-buy of this from him? He said he'd give me a great deal to get them over here.

If you are unfamiliar with the album, please check it out here.

http://digital.hobbledehoyrecords.com/album/great-north

It was released on Hobbledehoy, so you know the quality is going to be absolutely top notch. My copies of the S/T and Minor Light albums are absolutely gorgeous, and play like a dream.

My favorite track from the album is "Tired Hands" but your mileage might vary.

Too "Kokomo"-ish for me.  I got a free download of the album with my Caspian Hobbledehoy variant and I wasn't really into it.

EDIT:  It was actually "Minor Light" that I heard.  Not "Great North".  I'm assuming it's not a huge difference though?

Hmmm, I'm just listening to GREAT NORTH and don't see any similarity to Kokomo....maybe it IS different, don't know ;)

• jhulud locked this topic