Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

yeah....  that's a dude who answered my Facebook post.  Still not totally satisfied haha, but this will do.  Check your PMs, Adam.  

17 hours ago, mrewest said:

Friends of mine do this with texts.  So I feel your pain.

I mean, is it within reason to feel that this is an utter dick move?  You don't feel like shipping it out?  OKAY.  FUCKING SAY SO.  I think you're super lame, but it lets me move on.  Don't be a sketchball and not fucking answer when its clearly obvious I saw that you read the fucking message.  For fuck's sake...

Anyway, thanks to this Jakob CD offer, I have now discovered another great fucking band:

2 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

yeah....  that's a dude who answered my Facebook post.  Still not totally satisfied haha, but this will do.  Check your PMs, Adam.  

I mean, is it within reason to feel that this is an utter dick move?  You don't feel like shipping it out?  OKAY.  FUCKING SAY SO.  I think you're super lame, but it lets me move on.  Don't be a sketchball and not fucking answer when its clearly obvious I saw that you read the fucking message.  For fuck's sake...

Maybe they think you're a fucking psychopath, dude. Chill out.

I come here to vent my frustrations, so of course my posts here are going to be exaggerated outbursts of what I'm feeling.  I always act very polite and courteous when messaging bands directly.  They hold the power in these relationships.  

It just seems to me to be simple courtesy to say something.  Why have the message function set up then?  Even fucking Johannes from Cult of Luna has corresponded back.  He's an awesome dude.  I know these people are busy and have lives, but.... you checked the message.  You can't take 49 seconds and type a reply?  Eat a dick :P

But wow yeah this really has gotten me all in a twist haha.  SO MUCH FEELZ.  I guess I know what my kryptonite is.  It's not split inner seams.... it's unanswered messages!  haha

Edited by Gumbo72203

8 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I don't spend much time lurking or posting on this message board and this is one of the few threads I even read.

But, I do get an email notification when I get a PM and when I get on the site, I can see the notification on my phone that I have a new message.

I don't need a 3rd, public reminder, in the thread itself to "check my pm's"

Maybe it would be wise to heed Randy Savage's advice.  The world doesn't exist to answer PM's, e-mails, and Facebook messages.

37 minutes ago, adamha21 said:

I don't spend much time lurking or posting on this message board and this is one of the few threads I even read.

But, I do get an email notification when I get a PM and when I get on the site, I can see the notification on my phone that I have a new message.

I don't need a 3rd, public reminder, in the thread itself to "check my pm's"

Maybe it would be wise to heed Randy Savage's advice.  The world doesn't exist to answer PM's, e-mails, and Facebook messages.

Fair point, was just throwing it in the conversation is all man.  Didn't mean anything more than that by it.  It was very late, and I was quite tired.  The music just means a lot to me, so I guess I lose focus sometimes and get a little over-zealous.  

On 5/18/2016 at 8:58 PM, fitterhappier said:

Preordered the orange vinyl.  Huge Pelican fan so I was quickly sold.  I'm excited to see them on 6/18 (after hopefully giving the album a few spins earlier in the week depending when it arrives) and seeing what the've got live.

Bandcamp says the vinyl is only an edition of 60?  Seems awfully low.  

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Fair point, was just throwing it in the conversation is all man.  Didn't mean anything more than that by it.  It was very late, and I was quite tired.  The music just means a lot to me, so I guess I lose focus sometimes and get a little over-zealous.  

I used to think you were just kind of a harmless spazz, but the way you've been acting lately coupled with the way you were throwing a fit and going off on Hector in the support forum the other day makes me think that you're probably just a big pile of hot garbage in real life. You need to realize that the stuff you say here, excited,band exaggerated or not, reflects on you and makes people form opinions about you. Loving music is one thing, loving music to the exclusion of everything else, including manners/empathy is another.

the way you act also reflects on other people on the board as well. It frustrates me that you can be so selfish and callous, because it makes others on the board get lumped in with you as well.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

Preordered the orange vinyl.  Huge Pelican fan so I was quickly sold.  I'm excited to see them on 6/18 (after hopefully giving the album a few spins earlier in the week depending when it arrives) and seeing what the've got live.

Bandcamp says the vinyl is only an edition of 60?  Seems awfully low.  

yeah 60 seems low

I POed the clear and orange

Really excited to check out the entire album. The 2 tracks so far really reminds me of City of Echoes-era Pelican.

I meannnnnnnnnnnnnnn he does have a point @Gumbo72203. You have been coming here to complain more than anything lately. This isn't Tumblr. This is to talk about post rock and post metal. It isn't to complain that bands aren't responding to you on Facebook. The way I see it, if they respond, cool. If don't, move on. These people don't exist to serve you or any of their other fans. Sure they play music, maybe even for a living, but they're human. Give them some credit that they have a life to live, and take into account that you're probably one of many people who message them on a daily basis. They must get tons of inquiries about various things. Sometimes life just gets busy. This thread has been slow and dragged down lately with your constant complaining. Your personality is either end of the spectrum. You're either super stoked on a band, celebrating if someone responded to your message or you're not feeling an album, and bitching cause someone didn't respond to you on some messaging platform. 

The complaining doesn't add any substance to anything. Yeah, it sucks, but we don't want to hear it. This isn't the vent thread. Stay on topic. 

And at the end of the day just take solace that you're able to listen to the music in some form. So you can't find a CD (I won't even get into that discussion), someone sold an LP before you could get it, etc. Who cares. Listen on Spotify or Bandcamp, whatever, and enjoy. We don't have to own every piece of music we love in a tangible form. Sure it would be nice, but don't NEED to. So please, dial it back, stop being selfish, contribute, and all will be good. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

No, Matt...  you're right.  I felt a little silly today about all this.  It's something that I know happens to myself when I get too wrapped up over something.  I don't know WHY it happens, but it does.  I try my best to keep it in check, but sometimes...  well, I don't.  I'm human too.  I don't know why I've been so wound up lately.  Could be stress bubbling over from undergoing a big career/life change right now, displaced anxiety manifesting as uncool behavior.  Who knows.  And it's annoying because it's not like I ENJOY feeling this way.  I seriously was super frustrated over the whole thing.  That was very real.  I think I get tunnel vision and don't know how to look beyond it.  My sincerest apologies, because you are absolutely right.  

It doesn't matter anymore anyway, because someone else had jumped on my post on their wall, and the band responded and is going to be putting the CD's up for sale on their website.  So all is resolved :)

On that note, I'm REALLY stoked on this A Hope For Home band.  It's funny because if Sasan had given me those CDs, I might have never discovered this band.  Brilliant material.  Been listening to a lot of Envy lately, too.  I can't believe I didn't check them out sooner.  

A Dead Sinking Story is still by far my favorite.  Recitation is quickly gaining speed, though...

On May 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

i don't get why a band would check their facebook messages but not respond.  I sent a message explaining the situation to Jakob about their CD represses, and they've read my messages.  But won't respond.  If you don't want to sell me one, just say "Nah dude, we don't really feel like doing that.  Sorry."  

This is very, very frustrating.  

you mean how I sent you a PM about Pelican vinyl I had for sale 4 days ago that you read Wednesday at 9:35am but haven't replied? 

5 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

No, Matt...  you're right.  I felt a little silly today about all this.  It's something that I know happens to myself when I get too wrapped up over something.  I don't know WHY it happens, but it does.  I try my best to keep it in check, but sometimes...  well, I don't.  I'm human too.  I don't know why I've been so wound up lately.  Could be stress bubbling over from undergoing a big career/life change right now, displaced anxiety manifesting as uncool behavior.  Who knows.  And it's annoying because it's not like I ENJOY feeling this way.  I seriously was super frustrated over the whole thing.  That was very real.  I think I get tunnel vision and don't know how to look beyond it.  My sincerest apologies, because you are absolutely right.  

G, THIS is what you listen to when two-bit bands won't respond to your emailz. You're welcome.

6 1/2 minute journey to everywhere

Then when you calm down, you soak in the whole hour of post-h/c perfection

The Pax Cecilia - Blessed Are The Bonds

I'll send you a free CD (yes, CD!) if you dig.

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

G, THIS is what you listen to when two-bit bands won't respond to your emailz. You're welcome.

The build up on The Process is so good. 

8 hours ago, drds89 said:

Sick, will give these a focused listen tomorrow.  Don't have much time today....  girlfriend is coming over shortly for a bit before I head out to Providence, RI this afternoon/evening to catch Shy, Low!

I still need to listen to more Ana Never, that stuff was REALLY good, whomever posted that a page ago.  

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I still need to listen to more Ana Never, that stuff was REALLY good, whomever posted that a page ago.  

*raises hand* If you look on their Facebook page, they seem to be trying their hardest to get Long Turning out on vinyl, so let's hope that comes through.

Try this next: http://illyria.bandcamp.com/track/origins

Edited by omik11303
Additional Info

More sad news....  the drummer for Shy, Low is moving away to get his PhD.  They said the band will still be together, but...  dude won't really be around.  So, it changes things.

On a different token, HOLY SHIT THE NEW SHY, LOW MATERIAL!  HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!!!!  Dude, yeah I know I freak out about stuff, but oh my word...  the new song they ended their set with might be the greatest thing these guys will have ever written.  I don't even know where to start.  First off, it's heavier and more intense from the outset, but then it builds into this soaring section, and then into this CRAZY fucking thing where Zack layers loops of this melody, and then starts stacking harmonies on top of it, and playing against it, and it just creates this swirling massive torrent of sound.  And then it goes into this like, staccato sort of section where they're playing heavy accents with the drums and kind of chopping the song up.  But that looping section. holy fuck-me-sideways.  That was seriously one of the most intense pieces of music I've ever witnessed.  The early parts of the song also had BLASTBEATS in the drums.  The song was just one big massive pile of crazy energy.  Wow.

Their friend was taking video, so hopefully footage of this tune surfaces at some point.  I took video of the 1st new song they played, which was a little more straightforward  Heavy -> Peak post-rock climaxe leads -> Clean section -> Heavy structure.  I'll upload that tomorrow.

Other news:  Dudes are trying to press their S/T album to vinyl.  And there will probably be a repress of Binary Opposition soon with new variants from Spartan Records.  

They've recorded the first new song for a split with The Foxery (?) that will come out later this year.  They mentioned maybe a 2nd tune to be recorded but that that hasn't been done/might not happen.  There is other new material in the works.

But holy shit guys, that last track....  I can't even.  It was so glorious.  

Nostos ->
New Song 1 ->
Saudade

New Song 2

• jhulud locked this topic