Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Check your PM's man!

Also guys, the PG.Lost splatters are still available if anybody wants to jump in who hasn't ordered yet.  Shipping remains the same for however many copies, and JustinCole wanted an extra one from them so I have an open email with Pelagic right now to add some stuff that I haven't done yet.  I don't know how many are left or what the band will have when I go see them next week (!) so let me know!  

Woah, sorry for triple post.  This new update is goofy still.

Also, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to whoever suggested Pet Slimmers of the Year to me a while ago.  I think it was Derek, but I'm not sure.  At first, I was a little put-off by how much like Isis they sound, because when the vocals come in, it isn't Aaron.  But I have been playing them over the last couple days, and WOW am I hooked!  These guys are brilliant, and offer a unique twist on the Wavering Radiant-era Isis style.  I love it.  I wish their older material was available physically, because I would kill to have that stuff.  I also wish they didn't have such goofy names for things, because it kind of takes away from the weight of the music for me, but I guess it's a jab at all the post- bands who have overly indulgent song titles, like Te'.  So it's whatever.  

This track in particular really got me.  

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Woah, sorry for triple post.  This new update is goofy still.

Also, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to whoever suggested Pet Slimmers of the Year to me a while ago.  I think it was Derek, but I'm not sure.  At first, I was a little put-off by how much like Isis they sound, because when the vocals come in, it isn't Aaron.  But I have been playing them over the last couple days, and WOW am I hooked!  These guys are brilliant, and offer a unique twist on the Wavering Radiant-era Isis style.  I love it.  I wish their older material was available physically, because I would kill to have that stuff.  I also wish they didn't have such goofy names for things, because it kind of takes away from the weight of the music for me, but I guess it's a jab at all the post- bands who have overly indulgent song titles, like Te'.  So it's whatever.  

This track in particular really got me. 

Fragments Of Uniforms is a really amazing album and it comes in nice translucent red 180g. double vinyl which sounds perfect. Also the gatefold sleeve is very cool.

Also, in case you guys didn't see it...  Caspian posted their Living Phantoms remixes.  HOLY SHIT.  

Honestly, I almost wish these guys would do full albums together.  This stuff is god-damn brilliant.  He killed the Rosetta remixes, and now these Caspian tracks are absolutely incredible.  Dare I say, the Run Dry remix tops the original?  This is out of this world.  

10 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Dude. It's so fucking bad.

10 hours ago, mrewest said:

I hate remixes.  So I won't even listen.

I.... can't tell if you guys are joking or not.  I truly hope you are, these are stunning pieces of work.  

Anyway, moving on...  this band just popped up in my Youtube feed this morning, and I was pretty impressed.  I don't think I'd heard of them before, but they are very good and have a great drummer.  They make me think of Johnnytwentythree except without all the added orchestration.  Patient, big-movement type of songs.  Lots of great big ascensions in the dynamics.  

So, this band called After Osmosis is trying to get their first album pressed to vinyl.  There's a site where you can pre-order their stuff, and listen.  It's not really grabbing me but you guys should check it out.  Every band deserves the chance!

https://www.diggersfactory.com/project/283/after-osmosis-what-do-you-see-when-you-dream

• jhulud locked this topic