Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I've always enjoyed his style and his vocals are a distinctive highlight on their most recent album. They tend to be a bit samey though on a couple albums, especially Insomniac Doze sports the same three syllables-style throughout. It's still great, though.

toyota!!

nintendo!!!

toshiba!

han solooo!!!!

With regards to Envy's singer, I think I've grown to like him a little more.  They're certainly unique.  Abyssal is still my favorite.  Lots of great guitar work on that.  

Currently spinning Baulta - "Any Fool Can Regret Yesterday"  

Surprised nobody really ever talks about them here.  I absolutely love this stuff.  Fans of This Patch of Sky and Lights & Motion would eat this up.  

4 hours ago, fizio59 said:

I remember that A Dead Sinking Story was my favourite. Did you check it?

I'll cue that up now!  

EDIT:  Oh man...  this is good, and very interesting.  Their heavy parts are very unique in the guitar structure, and then these clean breakdowns/build-up groove sections are absolutely fantastic!  Love the energy and the trance-inducing groove repetition they employ. This is great fucking stuff.  

Edit 2:   AND THEY FUCKING JAM INTO SONGS!!!! YESSSS!!!!  Track 1 --> Track 2!!!!  Fuck yeah dude!!!!!!  Flawless victory!!!!!!  And this new groove, fucking song 2 "Distress of Ignorance".  Oh yeah.  Full-tilt!

Edited by Gumbo72203

14 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'll cue that up now!  

EDIT:  Oh man...  this is good, and very interesting.  Their heavy parts are very unique in the guitar structure, and then these clean breakdowns/build-up groove sections are absolutely fantastic!  Love the energy and the trance-inducing groove repetition they employ. This is great fucking stuff.  

Edit 2:   AND THEY FUCKING JAM INTO SONGS!!!! YESSSS!!!!  Track 1 --> Track 2!!!!  Fuck yeah dude!!!!!!  Flawless victory!!!!!!  And this new groove, fucking song 2 "Distress of Ignorance".  Oh yeah.  Full-tilt!

You are in luck

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr200

16 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

I've listened to it three times now and I'm getting stoked for the album. That'll be a sleeper pick for post-rock AOTY for me. Just bummed their stuff won't ever be released on wax. They deserve it.

Yeah I really enjoyed Small Years.  And this new one might even be better based on that first track.

18 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Oh I know, they have everything.  I probably will add that and Aybssal to my Tarentel order, since that won't ship for a few weeks still.  

16 hours ago, omik11303 said:

I've listened to it three times now and I'm getting stoked for the album. That'll be a sleeper pick for post-rock AOTY for me. Just bummed their stuff won't ever be released on wax. They deserve it.

Yeah this is damn fantastic!!!!  Do you guys know if Fluttery has ever issued a statement as to why they don't do vinyl?  I feel like they're giving up so much potential revenue by foregoing that avenue.  

7 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Oh I know, they have everything.  I probably will add that and Aybssal to my Tarentel order, since that won't ship for a few weeks still.  

Yeah this is damn fantastic!!!!  Do you guys know if Fluttery has ever issued a statement as to why they don't do vinyl?  I feel like they're giving up so much potential revenue by foregoing that avenue.  

Not popular enough of a label, from a profit stand point if you can't do at least a 500 pressing and sell through it relatively quickly it's not really worth it. They would probably be in a situation where they would sell to the board here and be sitting on a lot of excess copies just due to their current visibility or they would have to do a small pressing and push the cost on to the buyer and possibly also sit on excess copies due to cost of the record

Hey guys, so it's officially set:  Sunlight Ascending reunion on June 25th in Royal Oak, Michigan.  Playing with Great Reversals.

It's a small space, it seems.  South Hall at Genesis.  Anybody in the area want to make a trip there?  It's like an 8 hour ride for me, most likely will happen.  Haha.  Crazy.  

Why it sometimes pays off to contact bands you like on Facebook....     

So, I got physical copies of "Fragments of Uniforms" by Pet Slimmers of the Year finally.  They're an odd band for me because at first, I didn't freak out over them.  I think I was off-put by the similarity to late-era Isis and having a different singer other than Aaron Turner over top the music.  But they slowly had been growing on me over time, and finally pulled the trigger on the CD and LP.  So, I also began digging through their other releases...  it seems they've done a bunch of singles over the last couple years which are awesome.  And then I found THIS:

Talk about a freakout!!!!!!  If you guys like late-era Isis AT ALL, you owe it to yourself to listen to this song.  It is absolutely fucking incredible, I cannot stress that enough.  This is from their 2nd EP, "...And The Sky Fell," released originally in 2010 (and on CD in early 2011).  Only 3 people on Discogs say they have it, and the one person to respond to me only has the digital release, so that doesn't really count.

I found them on Facebook, and sent them a message asking if they had any copies left anywhere.  They asked me for my address, and that was that.  We chatted more about guitars and music and writing and their new EP they're recording soon.  Then, yesterday, the CD showed up!!!  They sent me the last copy they could find, for free.  I couldn't fucking believe it.  

Lesson:  It never hurts to ask.  You never know what will happen.  Hopefully, the same I get the same results from Jakob for "Solace".  Nothing but radio silence from those guys, so we'll see.  In the server switch-over, my messages never made it to Sasan regarding the albums he bought at their show for me, so he sold them to Adamha21 instead.  :::flips table:::

i don't get why a band would check their facebook messages but not respond.  I sent a message explaining the situation to Jakob about their CD represses, and they've read my messages.  But won't respond.  If you don't want to sell me one, just say "Nah dude, we don't really feel like doing that.  Sorry."  

This is very, very frustrating.  

23 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

i don't get why a band would check their facebook messages but not respond.  I sent a message explaining the situation to Jakob about their CD represses, and they've read my messages.  But won't respond.  If you don't want to sell me one, just say "Nah dude, we don't really feel like doing that.  Sorry."  

This is very, very frustrating.  

Friends of mine do this with texts.  So I feel your pain.

• jhulud locked this topic