Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues - Jan. 21st

• 3 months later...

it would be tough for me to rank them... theres a lot of totally different records in there. White Crosses is my least, and Cowboy is probably my favorite... the rest of the list would be really tough.

Very true!

In a lot of ways White Crosses is their worst album, but I love it for totally different reasons, mostly for just how it's just this really great, refreshing take on slick sounding arena rock.

I know it was a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway (because it helps me make my second point). People like different things. I think the fact that pretty much every list is different really speaks to the quality of their releases. None of them is universally considered bad, they just vary enough to appeal to different tastes on different levels.

How are so many of you ranking White Crosses so high and Searching for a Former Clarity so low...? 

Opinions are weird

Searching For A Former Clarity has just got this really bitter and arrogant vibe that I'm not into. Plus it's way too long and contains way too much garbage. It'd probably rank higher for me if it was trimmed down to a 6 or 8-track album.

White Crosses was just this really great pop/rock album. It's glossy radio rock that's thoughtful and heartfelt in ways that glossy radio rock typically isn't. And then there was the fact that it came along after New Wave (which was the worst thing ever) and Searching For A Former Clarity (which wasn't all that good), and I was into the idea of a new Against Me! record that was listenable.

I think I like Against Me! most when their at their extremes of being either a DIY punk band (RAR/Crime) or a band releasing super slick stadium rock sounding stuff (White Crosses). Everything in between is where they get real inconsistent and I kinda lose interest.

Clarity's number 1 for me...just love that whole album. I prefer Black Crosses over White Crosses...wondering how many of you feel the same about that one...

I fucking hate White Crosses, so just about any other AM! release goes ahead in my list. Black Crosses was alright but still not really an album. More just a collection of demos , acoustic renditions and unreleased stuff.