PO: Mark Lanegan - Has God Seen My Shadow? An Anthology 1989-2011

AVAILABLE: January 14th, 2013

As one of America’s great modern day vocalists and songwriters, Mark Lanegan has much in common with the timeless work of such legends as Fred Neil, Tim Hardin and Karen Dalton. The former frontman of Screaming Trees, collaborator with Kurt Cobain and Queens Of The Stone Age, half of a modern day Nancy & Lee with Isobel Campbell and, most commonly, solo artist, Lanegan is a man whose career has been defined by an unwillingness to sit still.

Light In The Attic are set to shine a spotlight on this great American performer and songwriter with the release of Has God Seen My Shadow? An Anthology 1989-2011. Collecting Lanegan’s solo material for Sub Pop, Beggars and more plus 12 unreleased tracks, this is the archive treatment Mark has long deserved. It is released in two sumptuous formats: a Double-CD edition with a gatefold, tip-on jacket and a 44-page booklet comprising hand-written lyrics and rare archive photos by Charles Peterson and Steve Gullick, and a Triple-LP box set, each LP in single pocket jackets within a heavy, tip-on slip case, with a 20-page book featuring the same attention to detail and extras as the CD release.

The 32 tracks shine a light on Mark’s rare talent, and span the singer’s entire career, from 1990’s debut album The Winding Sheet to a treasure trove of recent unreleased gems and feature such guests as PJ Harvey, Josh Homme and J Mascis. His is a sound of grizzled vocals and dark melody, its lyrics chiseled out of late night thoughts and dark humor.

• Anthology co-produced by Mark Lanegan
  • Double CD housed in a handsome gatefold “tip-on” jacket, including 44-pg book comprising hand-written lyrics & rare archive photos
  • Vinyl box set includes three “tip-on” jackets, housed in a custom “tip-on” slip case, with a 20-pg book comprising hand-written lyrics & rare archive photos
  • Includes 12 unreleased tracks
  • ON-LINE ONLY (limit one per customer): First 150 pre-orders get limited pressing on TRANSLUCENT YELLOW wax! Don’t sleep!
  • LP SUBSCRIBERS ONLY: Limited pressing on TRANSLUCENT RED wax!

Available for purchase here - http://lightintheattic.net/releases/922-has-god-seen-my-shadow-an-anthology-1989-2011

If it's any consolation, it's $40 to ship it across the border to Canada, $50 to Germany seems like a steal.

I wanted the yellow one, but guess I'll hold off and pick up a black copy in stores down the road.

Yeah, at $20 or $25 shipping, I would be on this.  $40 to ship to Canada is crazy.

Guest Justin Maheiny

So it's not really the "first 150 preorders" that get yellow correct? You have to choose to get the yellow for $6 more?

Or are they just giving the first 150 people who order the regular one the yellow version regardless, and if that is the case anyone know how many yellows they have?

You have a choice.

Any one know how many they press for their subscribers since they have a red variant?

So it's not really the "first 150 preorders" that get yellow correct? You have to choose to get the yellow for $6 more?

Or are they just giving the first 150 people who order the regular one the yellow version regardless, and if that is the case anyone know how many yellows they have?

Pretty sure you have to click on yellow vinyl to actually get that color. I'm assuming the yellow vinyl option will go away once they sell 150 of them.