Final Fantasy VII (7) - Soundtrack, limited edition vinyl

Someone just posted about this on reddit's vinyl forum. The link they posted re-directed to Square Enix's webstore

Some google searching brought me this image

Final-Fantasy-VII-Vinyl-Limited-Edition.

Reddit post said £45 and 1200 printed.

£45 is insane for pricing but FF7 is my favorite game and the music is BEAUTIFUL. It's a shame they're picture disks, though, because the sound won't be great.

Decisions, decisions...

it can be found here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_de/merchandise/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-Vinyl-Limited-Edition.php

its 60€ after shipping, though... if anybody wants me to get it, shoot me a pm.

and it seems like parts of this are on the records https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtlLpYcCAQ

Found this:

"A collection of especially popular tunes from "FINAL FANTASY VII Original Soundtrack" will be available in the form of gramophone records. This is a limited edition and only 1200 copies with a serial number will be up for grabs in the EMEA territories. We have selected the best tunes and recorded them onto two beautiful picture discs. A real FINAL FANTASY fan would doubtlessly be tempted to keep them permanently. We hope you will enjoy the experience.

This is a pre-order product and it will be available in December 2013.
* Tentative date - subject to change.

Product details

Disc 1
The Prelude
Opening - Bombing Mission
Tifa´s Theme
Let the Battles Begin!
Turks´ Theme
Under the Rotting Pizza
Fight On!
The Chase

Disc 2
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII
Farm Boy
Electric de Chocobo
In Search of the Man in Black
Rufus´s Welcoming Ceremony
JENOVA
Gold Saucer
Cait Sith´s Theme

Disc 3
Cosmo Canyon
Lifestream
Cid´s Theme
Wutai
Win/Place/Show Chocobo!
Words Drowned by Fireworks
Forested Temple
Aerith´s Theme

Disc 4
Shinra´s Full-Scale Assault
The Highwind Takes to the Skies
Birth of a God
One-Winged Angel
The Planet´s Crisis"

I'd love to own this, but the price is steep even for someone who tends to pay ridiculous prices for things, i.e. me. Not crazy about international shipping either.

I don't have a problem with the picture disc part, my few picture discs that I own have treated me well and have never sounded shitty. I guess I can understand the hate for them but it's never meant lower quality than a standard LP to me - all it has meant is no record jacket. Maybe I haven't had enough experience with picture discs.

I don't understand A.) Why Limit it to only 1,200 copies and B.) Why limit it to European territories? This is arguably one of the most popular titles from the PS1 and one of the most popular RPG's and franchises ever! Come on Picture Discs? /1200? Only in the EU? Please...

This is definitely going to be bought by flippers and will easily be on the 'Bay for $200+ Dollars!