PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

WOW FOUR PAGES ALREADY

I was out at dinner when I got the email about this and knew I had to make the topic before it blew up

I haven't read anything yet but my initial reaction is..

I REALLY WANT THOSE ALBUMS. I already own Ursa, but the others would be so cool. And if they don't release them separately this is gonna skyrocket in price...

But ~220 after shipping? I really can't afford that.

If I really really liked more than one of their albums, I'd consider this. I'm not paying over $40ppd per record, one of which is a 10" and one of which is a single LP I bought for $10. I've made stupider purchases, but those were bands I really care about. I don't care enough to pay $220 to jam to Semi-Charmed. Life on vinyl.

I love all of their albums. I'm justifying it by saying that I'm going to find parts of my collection that are rare-ish and that I don't want more than 3EB and sell them to pay off the box set. 

Now here's a question no one has addressed... are these albums going to be Gatefolds? With the single-sleevegate happening in the Brand New TDAGARIM topic, I'd hope that this doesn't follow suit. 

I love all of their albums. I'm justifying it by saying that I'm going to find parts of my collection that are rare-ish and that I don't want more than 3EB and sell them to pay off the box set. 

Now here's a question no one has addressed... are these albums going to be Gatefolds? With the single-sleevegate happening in the Brand New TDAGARIM topic, I'd hope that this doesn't follow suit. 

For the $260 I've paid including postal charges they better be gatefolds, with all the off-cut cardboard thrown in to boot, soaked in the tears of Stephan Jenkins.

292 left. This will be sold out in no time. Band will grab a cool $100,000 out of the deal.

I have to assume they jacked the price up so they can pay their former guitarist for the lawsuit they just lost.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/third-eye-blind-ordered-pay-650001

This pressing of Blue includes the lyrical version of Slow Motion.

Oooh really now... That was the exact reason I sold my og copy of Blue... instrumental version suuucks.

Has someone asked specifically if it is on Blue, as I remember the lyrical version is on the Red Star EP....soooo it could just be on that (lol of course the limited only-w/box 10")

Oooh really now... That was the exact reason I sold my og copy of Blue... instrumental version suuucks.

Has someone asked specifically if it is on Blue, as I remember the lyrical version is on the Red Star EP....soooo it could just be on that (lol of course the limited only-w/box 10")

It wasn't on the Red Star EP. That was just "Non-Dairy Creamer," "Red Star" and a live version of "Why Can't You Be?" 

Plot twist: Once all 500 sell out, they announce that these are all being pressed individually for RSD 2014

That would BLOW.

That's exactly why I am holding out. Stephan isn't only releasing 500 of each record. These are going to be released individually at some point.

In one of the many other threads on this topic, someone claimed they spoke to a band member who stated that OOTV will be getting a separate pressing, but for some reason, the rest will not. I'll see if I can dig that up.

just thought id share with everyone. saw these guys in iowa city and had a chat with the piano player, think his name is Alex Kopp. He said the test presses of everything (They're putting out an 180g box set of all the studio albums as well as having out of the vein available on its own) are done. AKA 180g boxset of all studio albums by 3EB is enroute.