ps4 launch

Yeah. They've said though that the plan is to invest it back into the service. Of course, what else are they going to say? But they do provide a bunch of free games and all that jazz. I haven't really explored it yet personally.

PS+ was worth the cost even when multiplayer was free (on PS3, still is in fact).

Haven't had a system in years, and I plan on buying a PS3 next weekend. Not really a huge gamer, but figured it's worth getting for $150.

Only thing is that it's only 12GB. Am I able to plug an external HDD in via a USB port to save and store content?

If you're using an external drive it will only support media like videos, music, photos. However, if it is a SATA drive you could simply remove it from it's housing and swap it with the drive in your PS3, format it and you're done. I put a 500GB HDD in my PS3. Cost me $40, then I sold the included 20GB HDD on eBay for $20.

If you can manage to get one of the door buster bundles with The Last of Us, do it. $50 more than the 12gb but you get a bigger hdd and two games.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I should be able to get it, because the same bundle is being sold at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

5 days later & I am still happy with my overall purchase.  KillZone is exactly what I expected, fucking awesome!  I love the controller in terms of comfortability, but could do without the gamepad button/screen.  For the few games I have, it doesnt do anything impressive but time will tell whether it will be a vital piece of the controller or not.

Thankful my system functions fine.  Hopefully nobody on here encounteres any issues.  Although I am not an xbox guy, hoping for those who get thiers this week that they don't deal with any issues either.

I think you can on "hardcore" mode.

TKing was my favorite thing in the world back in my Counter Strike days...

Holy fuck! A CS reference?? Gotta love it... It was early hardcore gamers like us that made being a nerd/dork cool again :) You get back into it when they redid it recently? I did and fell in love with it, but my video card took a shit on everything. Decided to buy a PS4 instead, which I absolutely love as of now. Resogun is so filthy and BF4 is outright beautiful.

Holy fuck! A CS reference?? Gotta love it... It was early hardcore gamers like us that made being a nerd/dork cool again :) You get back into it when they redid it recently? I did and fell in love with it, but my video card took a shit on everything. Decided to buy a PS4 instead, which I absolutely love as of now. Resogun is so filthy and BF4 is outright beautiful.

Hell yeah, CS was THE game back in the day.

Sadly, I haven't played any CS since '04-'05 when my friend built his gaming PC (wasn't quite the same, plus my friend had Battlefield Vietnam, which got played a bit more). I may dl the CS I saw on PSN since I have the 30 day PS+ trial action going on.

• 2 years later...

This guy. I have a PC capable of running Oculus or Vive but I'm still going with Sony since it has the best shot of actually taking off.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna preorder it when it's available. Price point is perfect too. Plus the hopes of some PS exclusives getting VR games is just too exciting.