Picture Disc for the soundtrack to AMC's The Walking Dead coming next Tuesday, December 13th exclusively at Hot Topic. Standard vinyl version packaged in gatefold jacket with full color inner bag and 18" x 24" poster coming late January, colored vinyl variations TBA. We have some cool ideas for the colored vinyl but we'd love to hear yours as well. Lots more cool stuff in the pipeline, follow Twitter @SPACELAB9 for the latest updates...Facebook and other links can also be found at http:www.spacelab9.com

Breaking Bad Double LP Pic Disc was released today but that's a different thread...

sl9-slide2.jpg

heres an idea.. dont do shitty picture discs!

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/95715-walking-dead-soundtrack/

can we get a merge? 

Fantastic idea, here's another one.. Don't price 2x LPs at $30. Unless you want me to, you know, not buy them. Unless that's your goal, then.. success!

Relax guys, if you dont like it you dont have to buy it. Just like any other record that ever been released.

For anyone that is interested in this. It's not a double LP and the retail is $22.99

The b-side looks pretty rad too.

WD2_zps3a88a077.jpg

So, I've got a question. Everyone seems to hate picture discs apparently. What is it that makes them sound worse? They're basically a clear record with a picture stuck in the middle, right? I have a couple picture discs that have pretty noticeable surface noise, more than the average LP, but I also have a couple that sound fine to me. So, I don't hate them as much as the average person I guess.

Though, like the rest of you, I will probably look forward to the January version of this more as well.

So, I've got a question. Everyone seems to hate picture discs apparently. What is it that makes them sound worse? They're basically a clear record with a picture stuck in the middle, right? I have a couple picture discs that have pretty noticeable surface noise, more than the average LP, but I also have a couple that sound fine to me. So, I don't hate them as much as the average person I guess.

Though, like the rest of you, I will probably look forward to the January version of this more as well.

I'm not 100% on the details of WHY, but I've noticed that where a low quality pressing on regular vinyl sounds OK, a low quality pressing on picture disc sounds like shit.  Good pressings still sound fine.

I picked this up today. Like the Breaking Bad soundtrack, I think it sounds like a good quality record. So, if you're scared of getting it because it's a picture disc, I wouldn't worry about that. I was a little disappointed that the theme song is a remixed version. Let's be honest, remixes are almost never as good as the originals. Hopefully if there is a Volume 2, the original theme song will be on there? I hope so. But yeah, I'm happy with my purchase of this.