SRC 2014 Subscription Vol 1

schomin

UGH! Not the pop stations! They played *NSUCK too!

Pop culture/music is fine. In fact, if it didn't exist neither would sub-cultures/genres... Or Weird Al.

I know, man. I agree. Top 40 is really the only music you'll expect a 7 year old to hear (even though personally speaking, my tastes were a little broader - I was the only kindergartener who knew the Beatles were a band and not a beanie baby)

I was just expressing my surprise that the song recieved a lot of airplay on stations that typically would not dip into that genre. It's a pop punk record that had an atypically big run and I think that song along with All The Small Things really paved the way for the later things like green day, simple plan, good charlotte, and Fall out Boy, things of this genre that were considered popular and radio friendly that got real big in the early 2000's.

I know, man. I agree. Top 40 is really the only music you'll expect a 7 year old to hear (even though personally speaking, my tastes were a little broader - I was the only kindergartener who knew the Beatles were a band and not a beanie baby)

I was just expressing my surprise that the song recieved a lot of airplay on stations that typically would not dip into that genre. It's a pop punk record that had an atypically big run and I think that song along with All The Small Things really paved the way for the later things like green day, simple plan, good charlotte, and Fall out Boy, things of this genre that were considered popular and radio friendly that got real big in the early 2000's.

I would say that, if anything, green day paved the way for the others.

I was 6 years old when My Own Worst Enemy hit the radio stations. I knew all the words and didn't understand why sleeping with clothes on was a strange thing. I also thought Savage Garden were girls and insisted to sing inappropriate Green Day songs in a Barney karaoke machine.

I was so cool back then.

I would say that, if anything, green day paved the way for the others.

I'd say they were definitely bigger in popularity earlier and had better songs, but besides Good Riddance, which is kindof the odd-ball radio-friendly acoustic track in the catalog, I hadn't really heard any of their songs played on the radio until the American Idiot era. Not anywhere near as much as that Lit song. I knew of their music of course, but only through the magic of CD.

I was 6 years old when My Own Worst Enemy hit the radio stations. I knew all the words and didn't understand why sleeping with clothes on was a strange thing. I also thought Savage Garden were girls and insisted to sing inappropriate Green Day songs in a Barney karaoke machine.

I was so cool back then.

Perfectly worded account of every 90s kid's childhood.

Bunch of crap announced so far (actually, I won't call Mew crap as I'm not familiar with them). Even though these announcements are a letdown, I look forward to what else they have planned. Hoping for Downward is Heavenward or something decent.

Mew is completely out of left field. Never would have expected a shitty "label" like src to press it.

Not too much that interest me so far. I guess off the list Switchfoot interest me the most. I saw them live like 13 years ago a few years before they had the big success and they were okay. They played with Relient K, who at that time had only 1 album out, and The OC Supertones. I've gotten back into them a little more recently since they did that Guitar Center Sessions show.

I'd say they were definitely bigger in popularity earlier and had better songs, but besides Good Riddance, which is kindof the odd-ball radio-friendly acoustic track in the catalog, I hadn't really heard any of their songs played on the radio until the American Idiot era. Not anywhere near as much as that Lit song. I knew of their music of course, but only through the magic of CD.

Green Day was huge on the radio/mtv long before anyone knew about Blink 182

I was so cool back then.

Our lives were very similar.

Green Day was huge on the radio/mtv long before anyone knew about Blink 182

yep Dookie dropped(lol) in '94.  Had radio hits that included "Longview",  "Welcome To Paradise", "Basket Case", When I Come Around", And "She".  

Dude Ranch came out in 97.  and "Damnit" was the only song off that album to get any major play.  "Josie" i heard on the radio a few times and even saw a video on MTV late at night once.  (Yes kids MTV used to play music videos.  It wasnt all about teen pregnancy and "real" life drama)

So i would have to say that Green Day paved the way for Blink.  

• 2 weeks later...