OUT NOW: La Dispute - Rooms of the House

Here's a pretty cool article about the writing process and a look into the album concept.

http://exclaim.ca/News/la_dispute_explain_rooms_of_house_its_smaller_catastrophes

Here's another that is an interview explaining the album and such. I like this a lot, but I hope he does a Conversations track for RotH.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/la-dispute-give-a-guided-tour-through-rooms-of-the-house

That was a great interview. It's always nice (especially with a band like LD) to have some insight to frame the songs. 

I really liked it. I've personally been having a hard time getting into the album, partially because I really liked Wildlife and they are almost opposite in a lot of ways. Hearing how Jordan approached everything, seeing them live, and replaying it though is slowly getting it there for me. 

This finally came for me today. I think that the clear blue is nicer than this solid blue but overall, I'm am happy with the packaging. Sure, it doesn't really compare with their past packaging a la no sleep but it still does the job! Of course, the only thing missing is some lyrics... Oh well...

This finally came for me today. I think that the clear blue is nicer than this solid blue but overall, I'm am happy with the packaging. Sure, it doesn't really compare with their past packaging a la no sleep but it still does the job! Of course, the only thing missing is some lyrics... Oh well...

Why doesn't the packaging compare? The first LP is ugly all around, and Wildlife has a bland gatefold. Other than lack of lyrics the packaging for this one is great, especially the glossy writing.

Wow this bundle is a complete disappointment. I at first thought they just sent me the LP. The tote is super thin, and so is the book. For some reason I expected a hardcover for this price. The stickers and patch are just throw in junk.

Anyone want to send offers and buy it off me?

Cost+ship+ a little extra?

Why doesn't the packaging compare? The first LP is ugly all around, and Wildlife has a bland gatefold. Other than lack of lyrics the packaging for this one is great, especially the glossy writing.

I thought everything felt sturdier or of better quality paper. Maybe I went too far to say it didn't compare. What I mean to say is I like it, but I like the others a little more haha.

I really like this album.  It feels more concise than their previous work, and definitely more accessible to anyone who might not have been a La Dispute fan in the past.  Parts of me misses the organic feel of the musicianship of Wildlife, but I can get past that because I feel this album shows a lot of maturity on all aspects.

Finally got mine yesterday but only got to do a real casual first spin because I had it on while attending to other things. I reeeeally like the "Woman" songs a lot. Overall I feel like this album is going to hardcore grow on me into one I can't stop listening to. It is hard to not compare it to Wildlife but I can totally see over time I'll be able to look at this as a standalone album.

If anyone here is a Moving Mountains fan, I compare the vibe from this album to their Self-titled in the sense that every song seems to effortlessly flow together with nothing feeling out of place or like a filler track. It feels like a solid, complete experience.

Granted that is just my rough first impression but that's how I feel I'll view this album over time as well.

I haven't listened yet but overall I'm a little bit bummed by this quality of the release.  If this was a random new band I was into, I'd probably be excited about it, but I expected more from LD.

Packaging feels a little weak, but the gatefold was nice.  I bought the package deal thing for the variant.  Book is cool.  Poster eh, and I'm not going to hang it up or anything.  The lyric sheet thing doesn't bug me too much, especially since I have the book, but as said, it's expected. 

Can't wait to listen!

If anyone would like to sell me the knife sticker I'd proper appreciate it. Also, I ordered from kingsroadmerch and had no shipping confirmation, I'm assuming everyone who already has theirs is in the US?

I'll sell you the sticker for $75 and I'll throw in the rest of the bundle.