OUT NOW: La Dispute - Rooms of the House

I had never listened to them before honestly, and they were awesome. Bought their second LP.

They mentioned they would have an album out later this year, and then played one new song.

Pianos are amazing live, especially if the sound is good. They were unreal when I saw them open for coheed.

Plus Dave rave is an insane drummer, I could watch him all day.

Did pianos do new stuff?

I saw Pianos with La Dispute and Mansions yesterday and they did play new material. I do believe the first song they played was new, but wasn't named. They played another new song called "Legions" (I think) and said they are releasing a new album later this year, no specific date though. 

Man, just reading eveyone's posts in this thread, it's crazy to see such a wide variety of reactions. Some people love it, some people hate it, some people kinda like it, some people aren't sure, some people say it gets better with each listen. This is actually curbing my expectations for when I finally hear it.

I've listened through it a few times now, on the whole I am digging it. Which is cool because my expectations weren't huge.

There is one song that has a very similar drun-fill intro to "The Most Beautiful Bitter Fruit" and in one song he uses the lyric "Don't make the same mistake as me" again.

Wildlife is one of my favourite records in the last 5 years. This I think fully delivers. Different than Wildlife for sure but I think everything that makes me like La Dispute (lyrics, drumming, the way the guitars weave and feed off each other) is as on point as ever. Great variety and I feel like they really upped their song structure/writing game. Everything seems full cohesive. Absolutely love it. 

There's perks about living in Arizona. I'm 3 hours away from Hello Merch in Phoenix so, I got mine on the 11th! I do like it, but it'll never live up to Somewhere... Anyways, I got the swirl but I wanna see the solid blue! Can someone post a picture please?

It's at the top of the last page, it looks blue.

Just finished this while following the yesterday's home book. The lyrical writing process of them is so well put together and as mentioned before is easy to miss but is incredibly brilliant. I really do enjoy this album as much as wildlife. I can understand everyone's opinion on this album but in the same respect I feel like a lot of people expected them to write songs better than every song on wildlife basically. I think all of their albums are musically/lyrically great in their own ways.

Just got my blue one in the mail.  Bummed it doesn't have any sort of lyric sheet with it... was planning on listening to it tonight while reading.  Guess I'll have to look it up on my computer.  And yeah, mine has a bad seam running down the top of the packaging as a few have mentioned. 

I listened to this a few times on the stream last week but didn't really dive in b/c wanted to hear it on the vinyl.  Look forward to exploring it again when I get home from work.

Wow this bundle is a complete disappointment. I at first thought they just sent me the LP. The tote is super thin, and so is the book. For some reason I expected a hardcover for this price. The stickers and patch are just throw in junk.

Anyone want to send offers and buy it off me?

Wow this bundle is a complete disappointment. I at first thought they just sent me the LP. The tote is super thin, and so is the book. For some reason I expected a hardcover for this price. The stickers and patch are just throw in junk.

Anyone want to send offers and buy it off me?

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=131879121#post131879121

this guy wants the patch, hahahah