ICP - "The First Six" Box Set

You know, I was searching for this box set to see if I could find any useful information, like, is this coming out any time soon, and I clicked on this site wondering if it would contain any such information. Instead, all I found is a bunch of hipsters bashing ICP because hipsters don't have as much talent as ICP does.

I did a video on the first Joker's Card which showed that ICP have a lot of talent and original ideas, as well as things to say...but I only gave the album a 3 because it was demonstrably not as good as their other albums. You can check it out here: http://blip.tv/horndogtv/horndog-tv-carnival-of-carnage-6714445

For the record, to the guy who mentioned Kid Rock - you should really watch my video. The evidence is that, at least on his feature, Kid Rock is not even in the same league as ICP lyrically. And Esham is by far the worst lyricist and rapper on the "Carnival of Carnage" album, ironically featured on the same track as the best lyricist/rapper on the album - a little-known Detroit rapper named Capitol E whose only appearances sadly were on two ICP albums in the early '90s.

I guess we all got schooled?

You know, I was searching for this box set to see if I could find any useful information, like, is this coming out any time soon, and I clicked on this site wondering if it would contain any such information. Instead, all I found is a bunch of hipsters bashing ICP because hipsters don't have as much talent as ICP does.

I did a video on the first Joker's Card which showed that ICP have a lot of talent and original ideas, as well as things to say...but I only gave the album a 3 because it was demonstrably not as good as their other albums. You can check it out here: http://blip.tv/horndogtv/horndog-tv-carnival-of-carnage-6714445

For the record, to the guy who mentioned Kid Rock - you should really watch my video. The evidence is that, at least on his feature, Kid Rock is not even in the same league as ICP lyrically. And Esham is by far the worst lyricist and rapper on the "Carnival of Carnage" album, ironically featured on the same track as the best lyricist/rapper on the album - a little-known Detroit rapper named Capitol E whose only appearances sadly were on two ICP albums in the early '90s.

Did this really just happen?

Honestly, considering the fact that I've been called a snob on these boards for vocalizing my distaste for Evanescence, 311, and Linkin Park amongst other lower-tier aggro butt rock, I'm surprised to see such a chilly reception for ICP here. C'mon VC! Rally in defense of your perpetually adolescent music tastes! Chant the mantra with me: if you don't like it, don't buy it! If you don't like it, don't buy it! If you don't like it, don't buy it!

im surprised at how closed minded some of you folk are on here.

i see praise after praise for kanye waste albums on this forum, and yet people are bashing ICPs early work?

have any of you sat down and listened to records like beverly kills, or riddle box? honestly?

a billion times better than anything kanye has done, any day of the week.

im not saying this from a juggalo perspective, because i'm not one.

but i am a fan of hip hop and horrorcore specifically, and the majority of ICPs releases from the 90s were totally solid and entertaining.

im surprised at how closed minded some of you folk are on here.

i see praise after praise for kanye waste albums on this forum, and yet people are bashing ICPs early work?

have any of you sat down and listened to records like beverly kills, or riddle box? honestly?

a billion times better than anything kanye has done, any day of the week.

im not saying this from a juggalo perspective, because i'm not one.

but i am a fan of hip hop and horrorcore specifically, and the majority of ICPs releases from the 90s were totally solid and entertaining.

This is the VC way my friend. If its not the norm and accepted by the majority, its shit. You got people going awol for Brand New, Good Charlotte, The Used, and Paramore, and they feel they are somewhat better then everything else.

This is the VC way my friend. If its not the norm and accepted by the majority, its shit. You got people going awol for Brand New, Good Charlotte, The Used, and Paramore, and they feel they are somewhat better then everything else.

More like if it has a popularity outside the norm of the site's demographic then it's time to shit on. Things truly out of the public eye and out of the demographic are just plain ignored.

Actually, I'd like to point out that shit is shit regardless of whether it's popular or not.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and posit that maybe people are shitting on ICP not only because they're objectively horrible, but also because this was up until recently a very punk/poppunk/indie/hardcore focused board. it's become less focused on that which is why i pay less attention to it now, but that's just me. anyway my point is you shouldn't be that surprised to see people shit all over this band (that is a member of none of those genres) on this particular forum

if it makes a difference, i hated yeezus too