Some Red Scare vinyl gems being sold...

If you would care to carry this on, PM or e-mail me.

Oh, NOW you wanna be discreet about this, huh?!  Now that you've shown your ass, of course.  I'm telling you right here and now, send the records back and I will give you a full refund and more.  Either that, or shut the fuck up and realize that you got great records for the price. 

You got a record worth four times what you paid for it and you had the nerve to fucking complain about it all over the internet?  You want a tweet?  Here goes... @SpoiledDipshit You got a great deal and you know it, Glad you took part in the sale. Enjoy!

You are seriously THE person that people at labels/distros/stores complain about when it comes to putting out music.  The "Umm, excuse me thir, where's my sthtapler" brat who think this whole fucking scene and economy revolves around you.  People ask me all the time why we don't do more shit with vinyl and YOU are the exact reason.  Whiners who want more variants, die-cut bullshit, and complain about the MAILERS.  Seriously, your beef is with the fucking mailers?!  It's cold out and people are starving around the world, go outside and put on a blanket in someone for Crissakes. The mailers are perfectly fine and you and I both know that your records showed up in perfect condition, so get fucked. 

Send the records back.

Hey Toby while you're here answering questions, what color is the Menzingers RSD and how many were pressed? I have an eBay listing ready for a sealed copy but can't find the info. Thanks.

We usually don't release info about that kinda stuff because it just encourages flipping and collector BS.  I will say that the info put forth in this thread is NOT correct!  More fun with riddles!

Whenever people ask for info on pressing or manufacturing details I just comment on the the most important part; the music.  Something, "The record sure is great!"  And in the case of "Chamberlain Waits", it's especially true.  Hope that helps!

you know what red scare band is underrated? the bombpops. both those EPs are so good.

Yeah, there was a couple of real good songs on the second EP.  They were showing some real promise and the band was getting interest from real labels and a good manager, but they kinda opted out.  Great kids too. 

We usually don't release info about that kinda stuff because it just encourages flipping and collector BS.  I will say that the info put forth in this thread is NOT correct!  More fun with riddles!

Whenever people ask for info on pressing or manufacturing details I just comment on the the most important part; the music.  Something, "The record sure is great!"  And in the case of "Chamberlain Waits", it's especially true.  Hope that helps!

Man, I only posted that to get the "This record sure is great, huh?" reply. Sorry for being a dick and asking a totally baited question and thanks for still responding in a decent way. I have no intention to sell my copy of this ever.

Man, I only posted that to get the "This record sure is great, huh?" reply. Sorry for being a dick and asking a totally baited question and thanks for still responding in a decent way. I have no intention to sell my copy of this ever.

Haha, I guess I shoulda seen that coming from Mr. Sincere! I'm glad you dig the record, and I actually still have some cool old/rare stuff still sitting around and every time I sell stuff at a Fest or a show I always throw in something cool in there. There was a girl from Europe who bought one of those RSD LPs and she was so fucking stoked, it was great. Almost every time when we dig up something scarce it ends up in the right hands and people are super grateful. With the one exception of our friend ******* up there, but I digress...

One of these days I need to find a Charlie in the Choco Factory-style kid worthy of giving all this shit and test pressings to. That stuff is taking up space!

Haha, I guess I shoulda seen that coming from Mr. Sincere! I'm glad you dig the record, and I actually still have some cool old/rare stuff still sitting around and every time I sell stuff at a Fest or a show I always throw in something cool in there. There was a girl from Europe who bought one of those RSD LPs and she was so fucking stoked, it was great. Almost every time when we dig up something scarce it ends up in the right hands and people are super grateful. With the one exception of our friend ****** up there, but I digress...

One of these days I need to find a Charlie in the Choco Factory-style kid worthy of giving all this shit and test pressings to. That stuff is taking up space!

Aww c'mon man, don't need to toss his full name out there.

Aww c'mon man, don't need to toss his full name out there.

I honestly never intended any malice with that, I figured you guys all knew each other anyhow through record shipping and whatnot. 

Although, it only seems fair that he be outed since he's been posting all sortsa bullshit, which I've ignored until he insisted to confront me in an unrelated thread.  Most forums have a thread for bad buyers and difficult customers, is there one here?  Because he should be on it. 

following their facebook it seems like the bombpops are recording again, i figured it might come out on RS but i guess not? either way i'm stoked to hear more from them.

i have one question - when you put out the menzingers 7 inch before on the impossible past, was there ever talk of putting great apes and shiny stones on it? not complaining but it would have been cool to have that as the B side

I honestly never intended any malice with that, I figured you guys all knew each other anyhow through record shipping and whatnot.

Although, it only seems fair that he be outed since he's been posting all sortsa bullshit, which I've ignored until he insisted to confront me in an unrelated thread. Most forums have a thread for bad buyers and difficult customers, is there one here? Because he should be on it.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/8115-terrible-tradersbuyerssellers/page-71#entry1573812

No hard feelings (I assume this is Toby?). Some users don't mind their personal information floating around, some of us would prefer it not be out there but angry folks post it, not that this board is full of creeps but it's not a collective of gentlemen ha.

I have never understood this whole willingness and knee-jerk reaction to take beefs and gripes out publicly. Why? If I have an issue with a label or a strong opinion on their service, I take it direct to them. What am I gaining by calling them out on a message board? The same can be applied conversely to a label talking shit about their customers as such.

Work your shit out privately. We don't want to hear and more than likely don't care about it.

I have never understood this whole willingness and knee-jerk reaction to take beefs and gripes out publicly. Why? If I have an issue with a label or a strong opinion on their service, I take it direct to them. What am I gaining by calling them out on a message board? The same can be applied conversely to a label talking shit about their customers as such.

Work your shit out privately. We don't want to hear and more than likely don't care about it.

I tried. As I said, I tried reaching out to him several times before this. He even acknowledged ignoring me.

I agree with you, but I feel like Toby is completely in the right here to defend himself after he was called out.

The lesson here is: if you didn't want to pay $8 for shipping, don't buy the items. Everyone here knows what it costs to ship two 7"s domestically. If you're buying something, and it's priced to where you're going to complain about it later, don't click "buy." In this case, the buyer chose to pay it because he wanted the records. Complaining after the fact seems a bit petty.

Why do they need to adjust the prices if you don't like them AFTER you paid them? A bigger point may have been made had you not made the purchase, but you instead proved that people will pay the price if they want the item bad enough. The fact that the price did not entail the records being delivered to your doorstep in a gold box is totally moot.

Word. Totally necessary post. May a label never give fair adjustment to shipping prices again!

That being said, I am done. redscare has my money, the mods backed him. This is toki/Adam all over again.

nope. it you was you whining/being snarky, getting called out for it, then acting like you had nothing to do with it, and were some sort of victim. 

but hopefully you have one more long winded diatribe about how you were in the right.

and also, he offered a more than fair adjustment; can't beat all your money back and then some.

Edit:

Thanks though, I just came into this thread. It was a fun read to end a workday on.

Why do they need to adjust the prices if you don't like them AFTER you paid them? A bigger point may have been made had you not made the purchase, but you instead proved that people will pay the price if they want the item bad enough. The fact that the price did not entail the records being delivered to your doorstep in a gold box is totally moot.

How would he know if he had overpaid until he received it?

Also, Toby update your releases!