PO The War On Drugs Lost In The Dream purple wax & bundle

Really enjoying this album, having never listened to War on Drugs in the past.  Two minutes into Under The Pressure, and part of me felt like the vocals would be a little too dad-rock in style and production, for my tastes... but my mind was definitely changed by the time the track wrapped up, and the next one began.  Really solid record from start to finish.  Are their previous albums worth checking out?

I've been really digging the new War On Drugs release "Lost In The Dream". Has anyone here picked up the vinyl release of it? If so, what are your impressions of the quality of it?

I've been burned by some mediocre pressings of new releases as of late, and was wondering what anyone's thoughts were on this one?

Thanks!

Physical quality is great. 2xLP in a heavy Stoughton gatefold jacket. Vinyl about 150gram. Printed inner sleeves.

Sound quality is also great. Mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling, cut by Paul Gold at Salt Mastering. Not sure who Secretly Canadian uses to press the vinyl. It's flat but has some surface noise. Overall, it' sounds pretty great given the content; with all it's layers, reverb, etc. You can really play it loud, too. "An Ocean in Between the Waves" is the choice cut, imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw them on Sunday in San Diego. They had about 10 copies left of the limited purple, and were charging $35. I did pick up Slave Ambient and Future Weather while I was there. Great show, sold out, placed was packed! 

Nice. I'm going to see them this Saturday with my brother. Excited to see them. Did they have any tour prints by any chance?

Bought the purple off of recordmule (aka Siren Records) on Discogs only to receive the regular black version...and of course no response from the seller now....first time this has happened to me and of all records...alas....

I did the same thing and ended up with the purple. I noticed they had quite a few for sale (at least five, at a good price, too --- or "normal" price, at least). And then after I ordered, they changed the description from "colored vinyl" to "color unknown." Well, black isn't really a "color" when it comes to vinyl, right? It's just the norm. I feel like I got lucky in the end. When it was shipping, I just assumed the change of description meant I was getting regular black. I looked through their feedback and there is one mention of negative feedback about a similar issue. Kinda shady. My guess is they listed more Purple than they had and then edited the descriptions. 

I did the same thing and ended up with the purple. I noticed they had quite a few for sale (at least five, at a good price, too --- or "normal" price, at least). And then after I ordered, they changed the description from "colored vinyl" to "color unknown." Well, black isn't really a "color" when it comes to vinyl, right? It's just the norm. I feel like I got lucky in the end. When it was shipping, I just assumed the change of description meant I was getting regular black. I looked through their feedback and there is one mention of negative feedback about a similar issue. Kinda shady. My guess is they listed more Purple than they had and then edited the descriptions. 

FYI

4vKAG0i.jpg

• 5 months later...