Saves The Day - Can't Slow Down and Through Being Cool Represses

I thought the same thing. Must be a Lifetime fan, but that doesn't explain liking the newer stuff.

Haha yeah, I wasn't trying to be a jerk either. I love pretty much everything STD has ever done, so I just can't imagine liking it all but not being into Through Being Cool, up until recently I would have said TBC is my favorite but over time that may have changed...

I posted a month ago that Chris told me TBC is happening this year

Also my friend just got hired on with Rory Records, which is under EVR. He told me that TBC and CSD are confirmed releases for this year. along with a couple other much needed re-issues, that I can't talk about. But since Dreamover did post this before I just wanted to confirm it.

haha ok?

i like buying records from record stores and any of the records i have gotten from hot topic have sounded like shit. i know hot topic doesn't press them, but it seems like a lot of the ones that have been commissioned by hot topic aren't exactly being pressed for superior audio's sake.

i like buying records from record stores and any of the records i have gotten from hot topic have sounded like shit. i know hot topic doesn't press them, but it seems like a lot of the ones that have been commissioned by hot topic aren't exactly being pressed for superior audio's sake.

You're probably referring to what was pressed by Universal or Geffen for Hot Topic. Not stuff pressed by Bridge Nine, No Idea, Rise etc...

Well a lot of the records that have been HT exclusives wouldnt exist if I didnt get the labels to press them.

The labels that own the rights are the ones that press the records, I have nothing to do with the mastering or any of that. I simply purchase the final product and sell them. I mean, I work with the labels as far as size of pressings and color of vinyl and things like that but how they are mastered and pressed is up to the labels. The records would sound exactly the same if you bought it at an indie shop or Amazon or HT. The retailer has nothing to do with that.

as long as they're not hot topic exclusives, i'll be happy!

You are undoubtedly the biggest shit head that posts around here. I agree with you, lock this thread, it's one less thread I have to read with your negativity and butt hurt over you not getting props for "breaking" a new release. Seriously take it deep.

You are undoubtedly the biggest shit head that posts around here. I agree with you, lock this thread, it's one less thread I have to read with your negativity and butt hurt over you not getting props for "breaking" a new release. Seriously take it deep.

jesus christ. i don't even know how to respond to this.

i'm such an asshole for wanting a good pressing of something.

and i don't give a shit about "breaking" a new release. if you're gonna make a new thread about a new release, have a  source or concrete info. i said i knew it was coming eventually but i didn't make a fucking thread about it.

we have enough "PO SOON" & "HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GET A VINYL RELEASE SOON" threads. like you're trying to say... why is it necessary to "break the news" before there is real news? maybe you're directing this to the wrong person?

Well a lot of the records that have been HT exclusives wouldnt exist if I didnt get the labels to press them.

The labels that own the rights are the ones that press the records, I have nothing to do with the mastering or any of that. I simply purchase the final product and sell them. I mean, I work with the labels as far as size of pressings and color of vinyl and things like that but how they are mastered and pressed is up to the labels. The records would sound exactly the same if you bought it at an indie shop or Amazon or HT. The retailer has nothing to do with that.

i get that. it's no offense to you, i just don't like having to go to hot topic or buying records  from hot topic and the 2/3 presses i've heard have issues and always seem overpriced. i guess it doesn't really matter though since S/T wasn't commissioned by HT and had sound issues regardless. 

I'm pretty sure this forum is for vinyl info. Which is what I posted. I didn't post Po coming soon or hopefully this will get printed. This is happening and I just wanted to inform the vs community. If you don't want this thread to keep being bumped then don't post in it. Simple as that. Several people had some insight to this and evr future releases. Not trying to get people antsy. Just informing so people don't go spending too much money on original pressings.

I'm pretty sure this forum is for vinyl info. Which is what I posted. I didn't post Po coming soon or hopefully this will get printed. This is happening and I just wanted to inform the vs community. If you don't want this thread to keep being bumped then don't post in it. Simple as that. Several people had some insight to this and evr future releases. Not trying to get people antsy. Just informing so people don't go spending too much money on original pressings.

your first post wasn't helpful. next time, put your sources.

And if it wasn't for Travis a lot of things we want wouldn't get pressed. So I still don't see why people try to pick fights with him.

i'm not trying to pick fights with him. just stating an opinion that i have bad impressions of that stuff and that i don't like buying records in malls. why is that considered a fight? i think travis can take it. he doesn't give a shit if i buy anything from hot topic. not every conflicting opinion has to be "picking a fight".

i know some people can't take differing opinions here but i never once told anyone to "take it hard" sheesh.