Post Your Record Storage Area

• 2 weeks later...
i should [finally] have mine done this weekend. been building it at my dads for like 5 months. made out of black walnut and should [hopefully] hold about 400 records along with my tt, amp, and all that jazz.

will post a slew of photos (from my phone) once completed including some in progress photos.

happy someone bumped this cause i was thinking about this thread yesterday.

so finally finished this in october but since september have been spending 25 days or so per month in chicago working on a project. need to wax it on my next hitch off load it up with records and take some photos...

will try to post some photos today of it in progress. hopefully a pile of photos doesn't aggravate anyone.

ah yeah - looking closer I see that now. I assumed he had all three but he has the War Crimes trade that goes along with it. Seriously though, one of my favorite Bats arcs in so many ways (I hated Stephanie Brown but this arc made me feel mad sympathy for her).

Back on topic though - I see that copy of Vaya poking out!

I don't see many people who store their records like they are in a store, facing frontwards. I am looking to get some custom shelves made to hold more like this, because I can't find any more of these stands, so I am looking for some ideas. If you store your records like this, PLEASE post/repost your pictures.

Thanks!

[image]

FINALLY got an Expedit. Was going through some old wedding cards from our wedding last year and found $100! Also got a super comfy swivel chair off of Kijiji (Canadas answer to Craigs List) and plopped it right in front of my vinyl. Got a pair of those chairs for $80. I think they're usually about $500 at Ikea. Total score.

I've got a couple of these that I use as a "now playing" spot:

[image]

They sell them at Musicians Friend:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/sefour-rh008-vinyl-set-holder

I have two but don't remember if they came as a pair as it was about 6 or 7 yrs ago. Very high quality construction though and extremely convenient instead of leaving sleeves laying around..

I don't see many people who store their records like they are in a store, facing frontwards. I am looking to get some custom shelves made to hold more like this, because I can't find any more of these stands, so I am looking for some ideas. If you store your records like this, PLEASE post/repost your pictures.

Thanks!

I store mine that way. Well not storing yet as finally finished building but I will post some in progress photos in a little. It is finished now but still needs a coat of wax and I have only been home a handful of days in the past 3 months.

• jhulud locked this topic