2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

To the guy wanting some Lorde  -- everything you said above is true. It's a charity record only available at a gallery in East London along with about 4 other bands/artists. You don't know who you're buying (artist etc, unless the cover is really obvious) until you paid your £45. It could be Lorde or Marc Bolan or whoever the 2 or 3 are. You ain't gonna find them anywhere else -- and selling them on ebay is really frowned upon (charity record and all).

To the guy wanting some Lorde  -- everything you said above is true. It's a charity record only available at a gallery in East London along with about 4 other bands/artists. You don't know who you're buying (artist etc, unless the cover is really obvious) until you paid your £45. It could be Lorde or Marc Bolan or whoever the 2 or 3 are. You ain't gonna find them anywhere else -- and selling them on ebay is really frowned upon (charity record and all).

Unfortunately, flippers have no moral standards, so charity record or not, expect to see at least a couple on eBay with exorbitant prices.

To the guy wanting some Lorde -- everything you said above is true. It's a charity record only available at a gallery in East London along with about 4 other bands/artists. You don't know who you're buying (artist etc, unless the cover is really obvious) until you paid your £45. It could be Lorde or Marc Bolan or whoever the 2 or 3 are. You ain't gonna find them anywhere else -- and selling them on ebay is really frowned upon (charity record and all).

Damn. Really wanted that one :( thanks for the info though dude!

Finished. I didn't get in line until 7 AM and my place only had two Cake box sets. By some act of nature, somebody returned their Cake set right before me, and the couple dudes ahead of me were kind enough to pass it back.

Also picked up the Jaco Pastorius album, Death Cab, Scott Pilgrim, and a couple 45s. Still looking for the Paramore single.

How was your place set up? My store had a single-file line which led to a couple crates in the back of the store. It generated a lot of trash talk because we could see the first couple people taking STACKS of the good shit.

On my way there now.

ah did you have the descendants shirt on/were the one i asked about fest?

on a side note, they should really set that up better, it's a shit storm. they shouldn't put all the vinyl right in the front like that

got all the stuff i needed excluding death cab though so i'm happy

Finished. I didn't get in line until 7 AM and my place only had two Cake box sets. By some act of nature, somebody returned their Cake set right before me, and the couple dudes ahead of me were kind enough to pass it back.

Also picked up the Jaco Pastorius album, Death Cab, Scott Pilgrim, and a couple 45s. Still looking for the Paramore single.

How was your place set up? My store had a single-file line which led to a couple crates in the back of the store. It generated a lot of trash talk because we could see the first couple people taking STACKS of the good shit.

My store split the releases. You had to either go left or right. They had at leat 25 copies each of Childish Gambino and Scott Pilgrim (no exaggeration). I wish I could grab some for people in here but I don't have the extra funds :(