2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

So I was on the fence about LCD... at $65.

Now that it's an RSD item, suddenly they double the price?? (And conveniently delete the MusicDirect preorder listing.)

I own all three LCD records, plus more than a few singles... AND the Blu-Ray of this show. But I won't be giving Murphy another $130. 

You bring up a very good point.  So I reached out to Music Direct and was curious as to what they'd say.  Here was their response:

"This box set was announced some time ago but never released by the manufacturer. Our pricing was based on the initial release information. The manufacturer then decided to make it a Record Store Day release and increased the price. We removed this box set from our site yesterday and will relist it once it is available to non-RSD sellers. It will be sold at whatever the MSRP is at that time. Please let me know if you have any further questions."

So if that isn't proof enough that Record Store Day is a fucking ca$hgrab, then there you go.  Think this is going to be my last RSD.  It's lost the spirit it once had and is now all about greed.

Via new-vinyl.blogspot.com

RUMORED RELEASE

• There will be a Led Zepplin release for Record Store Day this year, I am just awaiting details on what it will be. 

Excited about a Zeppelin release, but not that it is RSD.  Only thing I can come up with that would make sense is BBC Sessions...Which is the only thing I don't have.

I just started collecting records about a year ago, so I'm still pretty new to all of this. Can someone tell me...do most of these releases show up online?

The high-demand releases will start popping up on eBay right on RSD, as flippers try to capitalize on the feeding frenzy and the fear that these records will vanish after this one day. Then, a couple weeks or months later -- as long as it's not a super limited edition -- you should be able to find what you're looking for at more reasonable prices. That's been my experience with RSD anyway.

The high-demand releases will start popping up on eBay right on RSD, as flippers try to capitalize on the feeding frenzy and the fear that these records will vanish after this one day. Then, a couple weeks or months later -- as long as it's not a super limited edition -- you should be able to find what you're looking for at more reasonable prices. That's been my experience with RSD anyway.

Ahh okay I see now, thanks! I'm only asking because there are no record stores around me. Really only want Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses by Slipknot, but still

Would anyone want to maybe help each other out? I'm not sure how many of you here have done it before, but on some other forums and Reddit, if someone was specifically looking for something on RSD but weren't sure if their local store would get it they'd ask for anyone who's willing to be on the lookout, shoot them a quick text to confirm that they did not pick it up themselves, and if so do the good deed of picking it up and mailing it to them. Of course the other person paid for shipping cost and if they felt like it, throw them a little something extra.

Now the people who did this were specifically people who wanted the records personally, to listen to, have etc. Not flippers. Of course it's hard to gauge what anyone will do over the internet, but to go through all of that trouble to just turn it around to make a quick buck is absurd.

Anyways, I'd be happy to be on the lookout for anyone who has specific request when the time draws closer. As for me personally I really want the Surfer Blood - Python Demos, as I'm hoping it will be better than the actual label release. If anyone would like to help me out when the day comes that'd be great. There may be one or two more, but that's the only thing on my list. Let me know if anyone else wants to participate. 

Woah. There is a preorder on Amazon for what appears to be the RSD pressing of Black Crowes - Warpaint on Amazon...Shows a release date of April 19th, 2014.  Here comes the best part... $101.99.  Or you can opt for the 2008 pressing for $19. 

http://www.amazon.com/Warpaint-Black-Crowes/dp/B00IMR8WTO/ref=sr_1_2_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1393968163&sr=1-2&keywords=black+crowes

Woah. There is a preorder on Amazon for what appears to be the RSD pressing of Black Crowes - Warpaint on Amazon...Shows a release date of April 19th, 2014. Here comes the best part... $101.99. Or you can opt for the 2008 pressing for $19.

http://www.amazon.com/Warpaint-Black-Crowes/dp/B00IMR8WTO/ref=sr_1_2_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1393968163&sr=1-2&keywords=black+crowes

I got the Chris Robinson Black Friday box from amazon and it was cheaper then any of the stores had it.

Woah. There is a preorder on Amazon for what appears to be the RSD pressing of Black Crowes - Warpaint on Amazon...Shows a release date of April 19th, 2014. Here comes the best part... $101.99. Or you can opt for the 2008 pressing for $19.

What's the difference? Is the new one remastered or is it just RSD price gouging?