2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Man. I'm in the same boat. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't mind grabbing if I have some extra cash but not the end of the world if I don't got it... Definitely not gonna wake up early to go stand in line or even really save up money for anything announced yet.

There's a brand new record store opening like a block from me and they appear to be in the final stages of construction (starting to stock the crates- yes I look in the window at least once a day). My gut tells me they're timing this for an RSD grand opening. Since RSD allocation is based on sales figures I know they will get nothing, but I may go just hang out there and make friends with the employees all day and you know, support a local record store.

All I've seen so far that I actually want are Anamanaguchi - Scott Pilgrim OST, August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker, and Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions 1. I just recently got really into OPN, so I'm looking forward to that one, whatever it may be.

It's looking to be a relatively cheap RSD for the time being. We'll just have to see when the official list goes up.

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/2014/03/record-store-days-neil-young-vinyl.html

This is quite literally the first thing I've ever been excited about for RSD.  An unbelievable reissue.  Time Fades Away, On The Beach, Tonight's The Night, and Zuma.  These four albums are in my top five NY list.  

Here's hoping there are some available online.  

yayayay for the following!:

True Widow — True Widow

2xLP, Cream Vinyl, Limited to 340 copies

Built to Spill — Ultimate Alternative Wavers

Gold Vinyl, First Ever Pressing

Pinback — Pinback

Reissue

Opeth- Watershed

Pantera/Poison Idea — The Badge

Side By Side Series, Purple and Bronze Vinyl