The Dear Hunter "Acts I, II, & III" Represses

FYI guys, and this is just MY personal experience so I cannot guarantee this'll work for you...

I realized that my Act 3 was screwed up and wasn't going to get any worse, so i tried out an experiment. I have the typical cookie cutter cleaning equipment: Vinyl Styl solution and cleaning pad. I put a BUNCH of the cleaner on the stuck-on glue/jizz, and put in some elbow grease with the cleaning pad. 95% of it came off, and now instead of it skipping on the same three words it plays through perfectly minus a bit of extra static in the spot where the glue line was (not louder than the music). So, basically this fixed my albums problems by about 95%. 

I still obviously want a copy that doesnt have any inherent quality issues, but this at least softens the wait so I can still enjoy the record.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sent an email to merchdirect last night re: status of Act III repress for the glue issue and got this response:

The record label said that the repressings are done and are shipping out from europe this week, so we're hoping to have them in and shipping out to everyone within the next few weeks.