Oldest record you own

Been thinking about this for a while, I suggested it in the January Record a Day thread which then duly popped up on February Record a Day (not sure if it was my suggestion or whatever, but there we go).

What's the oldest record you have? I'm curious because I'm increasingly encountering people who will only buy brand new represses and only have stuff ranging from way back in 2007 or whatever. Even spoken to some people on these boards that have little to no used vinyl.

Anyone only look for older stuff? Or on the other hand, just buy new things? What's the ratio of new/used in your collection?

Pics & pressing details welcome.

Here's mine:

Irene/Ellen Kossoy with Erik Darling - Bowling Green and other folk songs from the Southern mountains. Tradition Records 1956.

Picked this up for next to nothing at a record fair and so glad I got it. It's beat up to hell but plays just great. Presumably this was only released in the US so I like to wonder how this got all the way to a small record swap in South Wales, UK, and who else it might've belonged to in the last fifty eight years.

334fd29c8b4811e3af051212a8c35b67_8.jpg

Buying good older records (50s and 60s) in great condition becomes increasingly more and more difficult. Of course I would like to own some records (for example, Little Richard - Heres Little Richard) on some early press but try to find that in great condition. Impossible. 

I own many records from 70s and 90s, almost nothing from the 80s (half of the music sounds like crap from that period). Most of my collection is from 1999 - 2014. I started collecting in 2005.

Buying good older records (50s and 60s) in great condition becomes increasingly more and more difficult. Of course I would like to own some records (for example, Little Richard - Heres Little Richard) on some early press but try to find that in great condition. Impossible. 

I own many records from 70s and 90s, almost nothing from the 80s (half of the music sounds like crap from that period). Most of my collection is from 1999 - 2014. I started collecting in 2005.

It's actually not that impossible. I guess it depends on where you live. It takes commitment to dig, buy a few collections, etc. Sometimes you have to pay up, but most importantly you have to enjoy it. Some of my older records are beat to crap, but they are also some of my favorites. I find it amazing  how they survived, still play well, etc. 

I agree with you however, I avoid the 80's except from the punk realm, but there is still some good tunes out there. A good example is Gang of Four Solid Gold and Entertainment, I love those records. Then, you listen to Hard and you want to throw yourself off a roof. 

Been thinking about this for a while, I suggested it in the January Record a Day thread which then duly popped up on February Record a Day (not sure if it was my suggestion or whatever, but there we go).

What's the oldest record you have? I'm curious because I'm increasingly encountering people who will only buy brand new represses and only have stuff ranging from way back in 2007 or whatever. Even spoken to some people on these boards that have little to no used vinyl.

Anyone only look for older stuff? Or on the other hand, just buy new things? What's the ratio of new/used in your collection?

Pics & pressing details welcome.

Here's mine:

Irene/Ellen Kossoy with Erik Darling - Bowling Green and other folk songs from the Southern mountains. Tradition Records 1956.

Picked this up for next to nothing at a record fair and so glad I got it. It's beat up to hell but plays just great. Presumably this was only released in the US so I like to wonder how this got all the way to a small record swap in South Wales, UK, and who else it might've belonged to in the last fifty eight years.

334fd29c8b4811e3af051212a8c35b67_8.jpg

Killer cover, literally. 

I feel particularly old in this thread, more so than normal on the boards. The music recorded in the 40-60's was probably the best music ever recorded as far as popular music goes. Of course like every generation, there was plenty of crap. I have a handful of 78's and one Miles Davis 10" from 1954:

78's

Armstrong, Louis & Ella Fitzgerald - "You Won't Be Satisfied" b/w "The Frim Fram Sauce" (Decca 23496)

Charles, Ray - "I Want To Know" b/w "Ain't That Love" (Atlantic A-2232)

Charles, Ray - "I've Got A Woman" b/w "Come Back" (Atlantic A-1385)

Charles, Ray - "Leave My Woman Alone" b/w "Lonely Avenue" (Atlantic A-1998)

Davis, Miles - "Boplicity" b/w "Israel" (Capitol 57-60011/purple label)

Diddley, Bo - "Bo Diddley" b/w "I'm A Man" (Checker 814/maroon label)

Diddley, Bo - "She's Fine, She's Mine" b/w "Diddley Daddy" (Checker 819/maroon label)

Domino, Fats - "Reeling and Rocking" b/w "Goin' Home" (Imperial 5180/red label)

Domino, Fats - "The Fat Man" b/w "Detroit City Blues" (Imperial 5058/red label)

Domino, Fats - "Valley of Tears" b/w "It's You I Love" (Imperial 5442/red label)

Domino, Fats - "When My Dreamboat Comes Home" b/w "So Long" (Imperial 5396/red label)

Domino, Fats - "You Done Me Wrong" b/w "Little School Girl" (Imperial 5272/red label)

Five Satins, The - "Oh Happy Day" b/w "Our Love Is Forever" (Ember E-1014)

Hawkins, Coleman - "Lonely Wine" b/w "Carioca" (Decca 28216/sample copy/not for sale)

Johnnie & Joe - "Over The Mountain; Across The Sea" b/w "My Baby's Gone, On, On" (Chess 1654)

Maxim Trio, The - "Ain't That Fine" b/w "Don't Put All Your Dreams In One Basket" (Swing Time 216)

Richard, Little - "Maybe I'm Right" b/w "I Love My Baby" (Peacock 1673/red label)

Shaw, Artie - "St. James Infirmary Blues, parts 1 & 2" (Victor 27895)

Williams, Hank - "I'll Be A Bachelor 'Til I Die" b/w "Honky Tonkin'" (MGM 10171/yellow label)

10"

Davis, Miles - "Miles Davis" [Classics In Jazz] (Capitol H459/mono/deep groove/1954)

I feel particularly old in this thread, more so than normal on the boards. The music recorded in the 40-60's was probably the best music ever recorded as far as popular music goes. Of course like every generation, there was plenty of crap. I have a handful of 78's and one Miles Davis 10" from 1954:78's

Armstrong, Louis & Ella Fitzgerald - "You Won't Be Satisfied" b/w "The Frim Fram Sauce" (Decca 23496)

Charles, Ray - "I Want To Know" b/w "Ain't That Love" (Atlantic A-2232)

Charles, Ray - "I've Got A Woman" b/w "Come Back" (Atlantic A-1385)

Charles, Ray - "Leave My Woman Alone" b/w "Lonely Avenue" (Atlantic A-1998)

Davis, Miles - "Boplicity" b/w "Israel" (Capitol 57-60011/purple label)

Diddley, Bo - "Bo Diddley" b/w "I'm A Man" (Checker 814/maroon label)

Diddley, Bo - "She's Fine, She's Mine" b/w "Diddley Daddy" (Checker 819/maroon label)

Domino, Fats - "Reeling and Rocking" b/w "Goin' Home" (Imperial 5180/red label)

Domino, Fats - "The Fat Man" b/w "Detroit City Blues" (Imperial 5058/red label)

Domino, Fats - "Valley of Tears" b/w "It's You I Love" (Imperial 5442/red label)

Domino, Fats - "When My Dreamboat Comes Home" b/w "So Long" (Imperial 5396/red label)

Domino, Fats - "You Done Me Wrong" b/w "Little School Girl" (Imperial 5272/red label)

Five Satins, The - "Oh Happy Day" b/w "Our Love Is Forever" (Ember E-1014)

Hawkins, Coleman - "Lonely Wine" b/w "Carioca" (Decca 28216/sample copy/not for sale)

Johnnie & Joe - "Over The Mountain; Across The Sea" b/w "My Baby's Gone, On, On" (Chess 1654)

Maxim Trio, The - "Ain't That Fine" b/w "Don't Put All Your Dreams In One Basket" (Swing Time 216)

Richard, Little - "Maybe I'm Right" b/w "I Love My Baby" (Peacock 1673/red label)

Shaw, Artie - "St. James Infirmary Blues, parts 1 & 2" (Victor 27895)

Williams, Hank - "I'll Be A Bachelor 'Til I Die" b/w "Honky Tonkin'" (MGM 10171/yellow label)

10"

Davis, Miles - "Miles Davis" [Classics In Jazz] (Capitol H459/mono/deep groove/1954)

I have some of these! It's amazing 78's have lasted. They are so brittle. Always wanted keep a knockin' 78. It's out there, just haven't bit the bullet.

I have the 2001: A Space Odyssey OST from 1968 which has always been my oldest record.

I picked up a couple of xmas records last year that I suspect might be a little older, possibly mid-60s, but they don't list the dates I haven't bothered to look them up yet. I'm almost certain the Boston Pops one is older.

EDIT: yup, the Boston Pops record is from 1966: http://www.discogs.com/Boston-Pops-Arthur-Fiedler-Holiday-For-Strings/release/1942710

the Home For Christmas comp was actually from 1971: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Home-For-Christmas/release/3373422