PO: The Sounds Of Animals Fighting - Tiger and the Duke / Lover, The Lord Has Left Us

Just a heads up, I'm going through some pretty shitty family stuff right now so the jackets are gonna be on hold for at least another week. Seeing as how the records don't come out for a few months I'm sure you guys don't mind.

Hey, man! I hope everything is alright!

We all really appreciate everything you've already done and what more you will do!

Just a heads up, I'm going through some pretty shitty family stuff right now so the jackets are gonna be on hold for at least another week. Seeing as how the records don't come out for a few months I'm sure you guys don't mind.

Hoping everything turns out ok for you and your family! If you ever need to talk, we're here for you. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a 7" jacket. I was having issues with the crease lifting up the glued down parts when the jacket is closed but after a few hours of trouble shooting I figured out how to fix the problem. I'm going to see Crosses tonight, Record Store Day on Friday/Saturday, then Easter on Sunday. I might be able to get some of these going tonight before the show but most likely it wont be until Monday. I should have at least 5 made on monday night. I hope to do at least 5 a day all next week. 

As far as Test Pressing uniqueness goes... I was thinking maybe a different color ink. Any suggestions for color? or any suggestions for cool things at all?

This is a fucking bitch. Haha. It takes so long to make these things. Single sleeve jackets are so quick and easy. I think I might just make like 10-15 gatefolds and then the rest will be single sleeve with an insert. I dont know, I'll see how I feel after I make them. Maybe the test pressings will get gatefold and the rest will be single. Fug, I dont know. The other thing that bugs me is that the "paper?" im using is about half as thick as regular jackets. Its fine, but I would like to find something thicker for future jackets. Or maybe I'll just buy pre made blank ones... I'll make 5 and send them to people and they can judge wether or not I should make more or try to find a different product.

IMG_9739_zps2fc4f6db.jpgIMG_9738_zps5ae82cda.jpgIMG_9740_zps38cd860c.jpgIMG_9742_zpscefe80d1.jpgIMG_9744_zps4f12caed.jpgIMG_9743_zpseeeb32db.jpgIMG_9745_zpsa690ae32.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright! Yay!!!!!! I found a paper that is thick enough, if I go any thicker it will crack when i make the folds. It cost me $4/sheet and each jacket uses 2 sheets. I accidentally messed up 4 sheets at first by measuring and cutting wrong. That was depressing. I made 5 over the weekend but I will keep one for myself since there were a few things I didnt like about it, the first one I printed was positioned a little off so the text on the spine is on the crease too much. So I have 4 that I am comfortable with releasing, I put the /20 on the back and I am only going to make 10 of these for people who ordered the test pressings (Not including the one for myself). The rest will be single sleeve and will not have the /20 on the back. If I sell the 10 test pressing gatefolds and somebody really really wants a gatefold for the regular pressing then I might cave and make a few more. Theyre just so damn time consuming. The gatefolds will not have an insert but the single sleeves will. The insert will be the same thing that is on the inside of the gatefold. Same amount of supplies being used, just less time spent gluing and folding. As soon as I am done making the rest of the gatefolds and a few of the single sleeves I will start troubleshooting the LTLHLU jackets. On the plus side I already have the layout and folding down. I just have to position the artwork correctly for LTLHLU and decide what to do with the spine. The price for each jacket will be $20 + shipping to wherever you are. I'm thinking $3 within the U.S. If anyone has any objections or input about any of this please tell me. I want to make sure everyone getting a jacket is happy with everything. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures of what I have so far.

5D1C53C0-4A2F-4E1D-AD96-51967BFCE434_zps0E2FB53C-BB5D-4974-90AE-8C5A97FFC64B_zps0E4CC6D0-C8FC-4F17-A1C6-87CFFC95F36D_zps29161471-369D-4DBA-B3BA-212DEE7C8E42_zps8743B2F1-7AE7-4860-8619-DA640C717C93_zps2871B979-4DEF-4D9A-BCBF-9E225DABCC52_zps