Need some guidance on pricing some old records

I have searched online and have not been able to find any pricing on an old Classical album set. Can anyone help me out?

The set is in mint condition.

Beethoven Trio NO. 7, In B Flat Major "Archduke Trio" 

This is what the cover looks like

R-6215501-1413918604-3177.jpeg.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give me.

John

Stuff like this is a dime-a-dozen, you can probably get $3 for it.

I have searched online and have not been able to find any pricing on an old Classical album set. Can anyone help me out?

The set is in mint condition.

Beethoven Trio NO. 7, In B Flat Major "Archduke Trio" 

This is what the cover looks like

R-6215501-1413918604-3177.jpeg.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give me.

John

You could have linked to the page you got that picture from so we had more info, like who performed it...

http://www.discogs.com/Arthur-Rubinstein-Jascha-Heifetz-Emanuel-Feuermann-Ludwig-van-Beethoven-Beethoven-Trio-No-7-In-B-Fla/release/6215501

Also, since discogs doesn't show that a copy sold, I would check popsike, both of which are like, the only real places you will find sale info... and when popsike returns nothing for you, I'd put that set back in whatever uncle's basement you found it in and forget about it...

• 2 weeks later...

Album sets like this never came sealed. Ever.

They did come packed with cardboard protectors sometimes but that's about it.

Really nothing special about this, in all honesty you'll be lucky if you can give it away. This is the kind of thing record collectors who feel really bad about throwing out vintage records end up keeping out of pity, or trying to give to someone else who will similarly either throw it out of hang onto it out of pity.

OP may be a troll, but here's a real answer:

Throw it on eBay with a high Buy It Now - don't list it auction. There isn't much competition for classical releases like these because there are so many different performances of so many different works available - and they were mass produced. The three performers are fairly famous, the composer is obviously famous, but the work isn't one of his most memorable, but you may get lucky. Also, this set plays at 78rpm, which offers an even smaller subset of potential buyers.

http://www.popsike.com/78-RPM-ALBUM-ARTUR-RUBINSTEIN-BEETHOVEN-ARCHDUKE-TRIO/380393817541.html

So how the heck do the people who post these random "What is it worth?" threads find Vinyl Collective and how the heck do they not see that the records they ask about (usually the stuff of flea markets and dead relative's attics, often fifty years old at best) don't really fit in with the 'emo/Jack White/cult horror flick' vibe of the site?

So how the heck do the people who post these random "What is it worth?" threads find Vinyl Collective and how the heck do they not see that the records they ask about (usually the stuff of flea markets and dead relative's attics, often fifty years old at best) don't really fit in with the 'emo/Jack White/cult horror flick' vibe of the site?

The google description for the site says "Vinyl Collective Forum is a message board community for vinyl record collectors." It's not crazy that an individual using the internet to research a record they have in possession would read that and think "the people accessing this internet forum will probably be interested in helping me find out if this record I have is worth anything!"

Internet message boards are not really straightforward for people that perhaps don't use the internet regularly. Given the apparent "vinyl boom" thats happening, it's little wonder that anyone could see any old LP and have the notion that it might possible be worth more than a few pennies. It's the same reason you might see Herb Alpert records for £10 in charity shops.