[PO Now] Nails- You Will Never Be One Of Us (6/17/16)

"The fact is that when [Nails‘ 2013 album] Abandon All Life came out before the pressing plants were backed up, we handed our record in to Southern Lord on January 15 and our record was out by March 20. For [upcoming album] You Will Never Be One Of Us we handed everything in to the record label on January 20 and our record’s not coming out until June 17. Why? Because of fucking Record Store Day, that’s why.”

“All you people out there that love Record Store Day have fun with your stupid multi-colored vinyl, but all your favorite bands’ records are taking six months longer because of all that poseur bullshit. That’s what it comes down to.”"

http://www.theprp.com/2016/04/15/news/nails-frontman-todd-jones-hate-record-store-day/

Nuclear Blast Europe Webstore Links. It will cost $42 for the record and shipping if you order from overseas. As much as I love Nails that's too rich for my blood.

Gold (300)

http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/tontraeger/vinyl/lp/nails-you-will-never-be-one-of-us-gold-vinyl.html

White (300)

http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/tontraeger/vinyl/lp/nails-you-will-never-be-one-of-us-white-vinyl.html

Grabbed the gold, can't wait to hear the whole LP, new song is a monster. A little less early Entombed/Dismember sound but still ripping.

Beat me to it. What a poon.

It's surprising that vinyl collectors don't know that a majority of bands have no say in what colors or in what quantity their records are pressed. It's usually the decision of the label depending on how well they think they will sell. Hence why some records never get pressed, because they don't own the rights to them, or some random label buys the rights and presses their own without their involvement.

The band cult of Luna recently released their new album on 4 different colors. I reached out asking if there would be a pink version and they mentioned that they had no idea about any colors because the label had 100% control over that. This same situation happened with the band Toundra from Spain, just to name two.

I think we all realize that the singer of a band signed to Nuclear Blast has no say in how many variants of their album are released. However, he had to have known when he made his RSD statement that his band's latest album is being released in at least 4 different color variants. That's the glaring hypocrisy of his statement that we were all so quick to pick up on.

• 5 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, elnombre91 said:

Slightly off-topic, but I thought you guys (/girls) might like to know that NAILS are doing a split with full of hell this year.

Ooh, nice!  FoH is one of my favorite groups right now.

I finally got around to ordering this too.  Deathwish has the shipping date in July, hopefully it shows up closer to release date!

10 hours ago, elnombre91 said:

Slightly off-topic, but I thought you guys (/girls) might like to know that NAILS are doing a split with full of hell this year.

Hhhhhnnnnggggg

Also, the making of video made me respect Nails more than I do; hearing their approach & mentality was refreshing.

• 3 weeks later...