PO: Green Day - Revolution Radio

Paperless tickets aren't too difficult. Scalpers buy a bunch of pre-paid Visa cards and then purchase on those. When someone buys the tickets off the re-sale site, they mail the pre-paid credit card, which gets them in. 9:30 Club stated the name on the card has to match the photo ID, so I am wondering what will happen if people show up with pre-paid credit cards (that don't have names)

11 hours ago, negavinyl said:

Man I don't understand how resellers work their way around these, but I saw Foo Fighters at the Ryman a couple of years ago, and they did the same paperless ticketing swipe your card thing. That show was sold out both in the sense that all the tickets were gone, there were resellers listing them, and when I arrived, not an empty seat in the house. The venues will be full. You can't blame the band for at least making it as difficult as possible for scalpers and giving fans the best chance to attend, but they're always going to find a way apparently. At least it makes it hard on them? I wish every band concerned with scalping would do the paperless entry honestly. 

A year and a half ago Foo did that beat the boys thing where you got your ticket in person. It was great. There were people flipping them a bit, but anyone who could make their way to the venue got their ticket. It was fucking great. No fees either. I got my Washington ticket and my buddy picked up my Portland ticket for me. Don't think much went to scalpers at general sale since everyone was pretty much set. And I don't blame the band at all. They're probably not involved in the process. Unfortunately this process didn't work as well as I. N. set it up to be. Codes not going through, bots buying them all, NY being a lotto, etc. Oh well. If this was the stadium tour I'd be pissed, but considering this is like ten 2000-3000 cap venues tickets would be a miracle to get even if scalpers didn't exist. It's Green Day at limited smaller venues, everyone and their mom is going to want to go. They'll have major pull forever. All the people who missed out will see them at stadiums. Not a big deal. What's probably happen is these scalpers will pick up the ticket with their pre loaded card, then give it the person buying it. But I bet a decent amount of seats will be empty. I'm just stoked the whole PA show is GA. First come first serve, so I can go to the pit if I get there early enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Yeah it's not great, is it. The singles have been getting weaker with each one imo. Also, so much for Billie destroying 'pop-punk'. This track embodies it.

I dig the first two, but that one fell flat for me. It's missing a bridge, and is too pop punk for my liking. I'm hoping that's the only let down on the album, but only time will tell. Honestly I'm more stoked to see them live than for the new album.

This sounds nothing like Green Day to me. Sounds like Green Day covering Kelly Clarkson or Blink to me. Why? Why the fuck did they make this shit song. Ugh. I had great hopes for this album, and this song is a huge let down. I hope this is the only dud on the album.

Edited by Dave Grohl

The difference, IMO, is the Hot Topic mall-punk arena-grand-standing has been replaced by a really bad post-Jimmy-Eat-World rock radio 'light pop punk' production and choices of vocal melody.  Same level of songwriting but a different flavor of bad.  Odd too since they're aping younger, less talented bands that wish they could do what Green Day does at their worst.

Edited by rds

3 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Same except including American Idiot. 

i actually dont mind american idiot but when that record came out i could argue that every album they had done up to that point was pretty different from one another. everything since then has been horrible, though i admit i didnt hate that first new song they put out. still, i expect absolutely nothing out of them anymore so my expectations probably couldnt be any lower. meh. 

I liked American Idiot when it came out, got sick of it, didn't listen to it for years because it was a gateway for a bunch of shitty teenie boppers, then started to like it again when it got remastered and sounded a lot better. It's an alright album. I don't hate it, I don't love it. I think it's more of a particular listen for me. I have to be in the mood for it, unlike their first four or five I can listen to whenever. American Idiot definitely has some really great moments, with some of their best riffs, but it was a springboard for a lot of future crap. It was a turning point, into a new era for them, one that I don't care too much for. The album that came after [21st] is complete and utter garbage to me. I can't stand it. Like I said before U/D/T had maybe an album's worth of material between the three. I don't get my hopes super high for their new stuff, but the first two singles got my hopes higher than usual. I can't expect too much though cause it isn't 1996, and they aren't like they were then. But I'm much for excited to see them live playing everything than I am for this new album, cause I'm honestly surprised they're still putting out new stuff after all this time. I'm even more surprised how fucking poppy that new song was considering Billie said he wants to kill pop songs.

13 minutes ago, rds said:

I love American Idiot for showing me how underappreciated Warning was.  Slower, folkier Green Day is what they should have transitioned to instead of whatever they've been doing the last 10 years.

That was the same for me. I liked Warning a lot, but American Idiot showed me just how good Warning truly was. It widened the spectrum of Green Day to compare it to, and helped me appreciate Warning for what it was / is.

Edited by Dave Grohl

I actually think the 3rd single is the best. That's not saying much because the first two didn't do anything for me. At least with this 3rd one, there's a hook. I've heard the first two probably at least 10 times each and I can barely remember anything about them. If you took this 3rd song and ran it through a warning production filter, you'd have a pretty decent modern green day song.... I think.

11. "Forever Now"
The album's most ambitious track, clocking in at nearly seven minutes, is a surging mini rock opera of sorts, melding several songs

Sounds like they're really breaking new ground on this record

Edited by deftbarley
double

I always find it funny when people complain about a song that "doesn't sound like Green Day" when one complaint I see all the time about Green Day is that their music sounds too similar. Still Breathing isn't built like other Green Day songs and that's what I enjoy about it, plus the lyrics in this song are light-years ahead of any song on the trilogy. Felt like a really emotional song from Billie.

Edited by Jesus Of Suburbia

8 hours ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

I always find it funny when people complain about a song that "doesn't sound like Green Day" when one complaint I see all the time about Green Day is that their music sounds too similar. Still Breathing isn't built like other Green Day songs and that's what I enjoy about it, plus the lyrics in this song are light-years ahead of any song on the trilogy. Felt like a really emotional song from Billie.

Do you think his eyeliner started running when he wrote it?