[PO SOON] Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

Just now, Bronchitis said:

Am I missing something or does this dude sound like every other top 40 rapper out there? I haven't seen an artist more hyped in years.

Hard disagree that To Pimp A Butterfly sounds like "every other top 40 rapper out there."

I guess my one complaint about Humble is that it does sound a bit more like the rest of the pack, but it's still great.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Hard disagree that To Pimp A Butterfly sounds like "every other top 40 rapper out there."

I guess my one complaint about Humble is that it does sound a bit more like the rest of the pack, but it's still great.

I'll check that one out. Just really confused by the amount of attention this guy gets and you never know if there's something to it or if people are just dumbasses who like terrible things.

2 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I'll check that one out. Just really confused by the amount of attention this guy gets and you never know if there's something to it or if people are just dumbasses who like terrible things.

It's accurate. The hype is warranted. TPAB is an incredible album, just give it a spin.

Gonna' be the sweaty contrarian here and say that GKMC is a lot of fun and has held up over the years, but TPAB has always felt bloated to me, and isn't an album that retains my interest from start to finish despite several revisits over the last couple of years.  I know my opinion is of the minority, but I'm just throwing it out there.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Gonna' be the sweaty contrarian here and say that GKMC is a lot of fun and has held up over the years, but TPAB has always felt bloated to me, and isn't an album that retains my interest from start to finish despite several revisits over the last couple of years.  I know my opinion is of the minority, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Nah, I agree. I keep going back to GKMC. Don't really love anything on TPAB. I like this Humble track though, it's pretty good. looking forward to streaming the whole thing.

lets not forget overly dedicated or section.80. i mean those are what got me into kendrick in the first place. this track and most of TPAB are not doing much to retain my interest. lyrical content-wise, this new track is like a not good version of cut you off, which along with all of his older material, deserves a listen. lets not all jump on the hype bandwagon and act like theres anything that special about 'humble' though

Edited by rogeoa8

9 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

lets not forget overly dedicated or section.80. i mean those are what got me into kendrick in the first place. this track and most of TPAB are not doing much to retain my interest. lyrical content-wise, this new track is like a not good version of cut you off, which along with all of his older material, deserves a listen. lets not all jump on the hype bandwagon and act like theres anything that special about 'humble' though

Section.80 is my favorite Kendrick album.  And come to think of it, that needs a proper vinyl release. 

Edited by djghost1976

7 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

GKMC > TPAB, but TPAB is still a totally solid album.  you'd have to have no idea what you're talking about to compare kendrick lamar to future, kodak black, big sean, migos, post malone, rae sremmurd, travis scott, or some other "top 40 rapper". kendrick is the 2nd best rapper alive.

right after lil wayne

To me Kanye is more of a package deal that makes him great. His rapping is fine (he's got a great wit and has a few great lines every track) but there are better rappers in terms of skill. It's his production and collaboration that elevates him. Not many rappers have that ear in conjunction of holding their own in the track. 

But yeah, Kdot destroys all. 

Edited by timsimmons

• jhulud locked this topic