shit people say that you can't stand

So songs can't be good when they are a cover?

I never said that. I meant not knowing who wrote the song or giving credit to someone who didn't write it. I would rather hear "I just leaned how to play Iron and Wine's version of Such Great Heights on my guitar" 

It's silly but it bothers me.

I guess it goes back to when I was in High School, I was really into Pinback. Their song "Penelope" was my favorite. I would listen to that jam on repeat. Saosin covered it and all these kids were raving about how awesome Saosin's song Penelope is. I guess I can't blame their ignorance but still. I'm sure I have even been guilty of loving a song and not knowing it was a cover.

One thing that really gets me going is when people don't make nouns possessive when they need to be - I see it a lot in the "yolo swag kid" demographic, so I don't know if it's a cultural thing, or what.

Example: "Yeah we was over at Dan house"

Is it fucking Dan house, or is it Dan's house? 

I feel like I might have mentioned this before but people used to say some horrendous crap when I worked in video game retail such as "yo what that bring with?" ...mmm what?!

Also "let me axe you" and when people say "mines" i.e. "This is mines" showing possession of something. Makes me want to hurrle things at their stupid face.

This has probably been said (maybe even by me, already), but using "drop" to mean "release." This is especially irritating with record releases; if you "drop" a record, it's probably going to break, you fuck. When something is released it is just that: A release, not a drop.

It also makes me think of swag culture, which I hate.