shit people say that you can't stand

If you honestly call them "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" I think you're the outlier. There was a massive ad campaign in the 90s that encouraged people to refer to the candy as the name of the company. "There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's."

i usually just say PB Cup, not use the company name.

Next time you do that I hope someone gives you an off-brand PB cup then! :P

THERE ARE NO PB CUPS OTHER THAN REESES PB CUPS.

but i am also of the persuasion that you shouldn't have to differentiate between a chocolate or vanilla frosty. a frosty is intrinsically chocolate. this vanilla thing is bullshit.

UK here. I sometimes call it pop. As in "if you're going to the shop will you get us some pop". But for the individual items, it's Coke, or Pepsi or whatever. To me, "soda" means soda water, which is disgusting.

I agree with the whole soda thing. Although I don't really say pop, it's usually just 'fizzy drink' around here.

I have no idea why.

Hey Americans, how do you order booze at the bar? Do you ask for pints or what? I asked for pints in the US and they were like "pints? ok..."

Depends on where you go and what you're ordering. Some beers aren't served in pints because of the higher ABV. We have so many craft beer places here in Oakland that I only differentiate if there is a larger size. Then I usually ask for the larger size. A pint of Pliny always sounds good to me.

Hey Americans, how do you order booze at the bar? Do you ask for pints or what? I asked for pints in the US and they were like "pints? ok..."

I usually say, give me whatever is your cheapest beer and a shot of well whiskey, please.

Edit: Usually around here it's a tallboy of Oly, or PBR and some Old Crow.

The only time I've ever been served anything smaller than a 12 oz drink, it's something insanely high in abv, and they usually let you know beforehand, or its noted on the menu

Well whiskey...Oof, God damn.

Late reply to this^

Haha! If I want to drink nice whiskey/scotch/bourbon I keep some at home. I can't justify paying bar prices for nice alcohol. ::shrug::

Plus, that shit tastes like water to me now. As a young lad I'd buy a liter of the cheapest whiskey around and just drink it, repeat the next day. Thankfully I never really became dependent on alcohol. My lifestyle as young man was not the smartest.