The Flaming Lips "Flaming Side Of The Moon" LP ltd. to 100—good luck...

537.jpg

March, 31st 2014 - (Burbank, CA.) - THE FLAMING LIPS  continue to explore the rich world of PINK FLOYD with their new digital release, FLAMING SIDE OF THE MOON.

Designed as an immersive companion piece to the original 1973 album, DARK SIDE OF THE MOONlisteners are encouraged to listen to the new LIPS album while listening to DARK SIDE at the same time. FLAMING SIDE OF THE MOON was also carefully crafted to sync up perfectly with the 1939 film, THE WIZARD OF OZ. For ideal listening conditions, fans are encouraged to seek out the original Alan Parsons' engineered quadraphonic LP mix of DARK SIDE, but it will work with the album on any format. Available now through all participating digital outlets.

A limited edition 100 vinyl copies will be distributed to friends and family of THE FLAMING LIPS.

Say what you might, I'm not FL or PF fan, but I'm listening to the two together right now, sounds pretty kick ass.

Shout outs to the people that actually listened before commenting. I thought it was awesome.

I'm either hit or miss with their old stuff but the past few years they've been putting out nothing but awesome creative stuff. I love this band and everything they've become.

Blah blah blah, gimmicks. Don't get butt hurt because you can't own the most limited shit. It is what it is, the only thing I don't like is when there are no "normal" copies of their stuff thus making it impossible to listen to on vinyl for anyone not crazy & loaded enough to buy it.

I bet this will eventually be available on a larger scale.

They lost me years ago as a fan.

i still love the flaming lips. i am not sure why a lot of over priced releases would make you stop being a fan. just don't buy it. like i said, i am a big flaming lips fan but i decided a while ago i was only going to be buying officially released full length lp's.

They lost me the 9th time I saw them live. Recycling old ideas wasn't great, but the show was broadcast live on the radio and it was obvious Wayne cared a lot more about the audience on the radio than the people who'd paid good money to see them. After the gig the group I went with were all subdued until someone plucked up the courage to say "Well, that was shit". None of us have bothered buying a record or seeing them again.

Actually, I have, but that was because I wanted the Tame Impala half.

I'm just trying to find first pressings of my favorite releases. The new stuff isn't that interesting to me. Don't need to companion to a perfect record. Just traded for this and I'm quite stoked:

1346782548_5d1e3742db.jpg

This and the orange Transmissions were two of my first records. They're my two favorites but I also love their new stuff.

Here it is on soundcloud as well https://soundcloud.com/theflaminglipsofficial/flaming-side-of-the-moon

I mean goddamn, they already covered the freakin' album by Pink Floyd, now an accompanying piece?! Oh well, what else is there to do when you're a millionaire musician.

Waiting on the Beatles album cover

Here it is on soundcloud as well https://soundcloud.com/theflaminglipsofficial/flaming-side-of-the-moon

I mean goddamn, they already covered the freakin' album by Pink Floyd, now an accompanying piece?! Oh well, what else is there to do when you're a millionaire musician.

Waiting on the Beatles album cover

Wait no longer, that happened last year. 

*EDIT: And it's awesome

*EDIT #2: Proof

It basically sounds like odd sound FX and incidental music that would mesh up well with their version of Dark Side... or Floyd's version... or anyone's version that keeps roughly the same tempos and keys.

50% cool, 50% pointless... But no need to track this on vinyl unless you're just dying to own EVERYTHING by the Lips.