Torrents / NZBs / File Sharing

i've never understood people's complete aversion to downloading movies and tv. especially since our entire generation has been downloading music for, what, 14 years now? 

do people think they're more likely to get caught because of bigger file sizes or something? 

comcast has already hit our account a few times for downloading shit. but i took someone's advice, probably in this thread, and turned off sharing. haven't heard a thing since.

i also don't understand people who say that using sites like mediafire and filestube are easier than torrents.

for those sites, you need to search, actually find what you want, choose a host, enter a captcha, and then MAYBE your download will work.

i prefer to type in what i want on piratebay, click one button, and transmission prompts me once before a download begins.

it leaked is perfect though. organizes all the mediafire links for you by band and album so you dont have to look for shit. 

also, i dont ever have time to watch tv when it actually airs, so i HAVE to download my shows through torrents. 

• 2 weeks later...

i've never understood people's complete aversion to downloading movies and tv. especially since our entire generation has been downloading music for, what, 14 years now? 

do people think they're more likely to get caught because of bigger file sizes or something? 

comcast has already hit our account a few times for downloading shit. but i took someone's advice, probably in this thread, and turned off sharing. haven't heard a thing since.

i also don't understand people who say that using sites like mediafire and filestube are easier than torrents.

for those sites, you need to search, actually find what you want, choose a host, enter a captcha, and then MAYBE your download will work.

i prefer to type in what i want on piratebay, click one button, and transmission prompts me once before a download begins.

Those filehost sites (rapid, mega, mediafire, etc) work best with a subscription & jDownloader.  Better-than-torrent speed, no catchpa, etc but you must pay (nominal fee of $10 a month).

Also newalbumreleases dot net is excellent.  All the links change hosts regularly to whatever works.  Got more than a few hot items there.

Wasn't listening to punk when I was on there. More into rap and radio alternative.

I know this isn't file sharing related but it is computer related, but anyone ever try an FTP connection from a computer to an ipad that is located on a network outside of the LAN? That seem possible? I can do it if the Ipad and the computer are in the same house.

I've been primarily hitting usenet-crawler and have had success most of the time, I tried Slick-Beard but the interface is DTM. I have encounter a fella online who has created a Lo-Volt Gen which pulls good results for indexes simply by searching .nzb. 

http://bit.ly/16EPKQZ

newzb.net, and binsearch have also been highly suggested but I haven't tried either yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you manually looking for NZBs? I just went into sick beard settings and put check marks next to every index site they have. Haven't had any trouble finding my shows. I barely notice a difference from when NZBmatrix was kicking. Only show that seems to consistently take a long time to show up is "chopped". I do love chopped.

I had a very poor experience with SickBeard on Windows 7. Maybe I'll try with my new Windows 8 machine. Essentially it wouldn't add NZBs to my client. It's not too much of a hassle for me to manually grab the NZB files as long as I have a legit index. Crawler was kicking ass but it got popped. Seems like 7/10 NZBs I grab fail when unpacking. Not worth the monthly fee without a great index IMHO.