Torrents / NZBs / File Sharing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently signed up for usenet/smackdownonyou and got sickbeard and couchpotato running.

I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Usenet/Sickbeard/Couchpotato/XBMC is what I've been running for a while.  I won't to back to anything else.  I would gladly pay a decent monthly fee for the experience I get from those services, they're perfect.

Do you have notifications setup with Sickbeard and CP?  It's nerdy, but I like getting a push notification on my phone that a show or movie is ready to watch.

If you read all my posts in this thread about Usenet, you would see that I was a staunch supporter. Then the government really started whacking the most popular private indexing sites. The remaining one just did not offer the same level of quality. Some closed their doors to floods of new users from the sites that were shut down. Others wanted more money than before (something like $20 a year vs. before when it was $10 for a 7 year membership for nzbmatrix I think).

Maybe it has come back around. I've been going private torrents for probably half a year. Both systems work fine and have their pros and cons (biggest ones being that private torrents are a one time fee where usenet is a subscription, but torrents lack automation of downloading and require seeding).

$25 for smackdownonyou lifetime access seems reasonable if the quality level is there (I expect anything I could find a torrent for to be available nearly at the same time) but remember that plenty of sites have sold lifetime access only to get shut down by the government without refunds.

Paying for usenet and cable seems like a waste, though. I love my Tigers but I wouldn't pay $1000 a year or so just because I need to see their games in HD. I use a slingbox, I listen on the radio, I go to a friends house, I go to the local pub, I watch the games on FOX via an antenna, etc.  Just make due and accept I'm not going to watch every single game in HD. Your call. Just seems like a whole lot of money for marginal improvement over the functionality of Usenet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where is a good point to jump in on Doctor Who?  Starting from the beginning is unrealistic.  Is the start of a new doctor the best time or the start of a new season?

I'd start with the new Dr. Who (2005).

Doctor who and Key & peele

I've tried to watch Dr. Who multiple times and I can't do it. Just not my cup of tea.

I need more shows like The Killing. We've watched everything recommended via Netflix and nothing is as good. The Fall was cool but only 6 episodes. Weird ass UK season structure.

I kind of want to give Game of Thrones a try, but I never liked DragonForce.

Perfect, thank you!  I've been curious about the show for a while, but couldn't really figure out a good entrance point.

I just finished re-watching Doctor Who (starting from 2005 of course) and seeing it again it becomes more apparent that it's one of those things you are going to love or hate. but if you stick with it, it gets so good!

Going to start on American Horror Story Season 3 as well as start on the latest Eastbound and Down season. Started watching Boardwalk Empire a few days ago.

I've tried to watch Dr. Who multiple times and I can't do it. Just not my cup of tea.

I need more shows like The Killing. We've watched everything recommended via Netflix and nothing is as good. The Fall was cool but only 6 episodes. Weird ass UK season structure.

I kind of want to give Game of Thrones a try, but I never liked DragonForce.

Trailer park boys

Buffy

Angel

Arrow

Supernatural

New Girl

All fantastic shows if you are looking to Netflix something.