Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

Okay, here it is! I have a couple of notes to make about the mix, if anyone is interested. If you at any point feel like it's tl;dr please jump to the bottom of this post for the link.

Without further ado:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4733159/IxoraTwin.zip

Wow, this is freaking awesome! Thanks so much for putting it together!

On a side note, I finally googled Ixora the other day and realized I had been mispronouncing it for oh, I don't know, 8 months haha

- For each song, I chose a specific version which I personally liked better. This often was the Ixora version, except or a couple like Erase. If anyone wants track specifics like levels, just let me know and I can look them up in Pro Tools.

Does this mean not all the tracks are the Twin versions?

On a side note, I finally googled Ixora the other day and realized I had been mispronouncing it for oh, I don't know, 8 months haha

How were you pronouncing it? Correct way is "Igs-soar-ruh" right?

I think it just means that track-by-track he used the version he liked better as his basis, keeping that version higher in the mix.

Now that I've listened to the Twin version a bit I went through a few different stages of thought. At first I thought wow, this is amazing, they should have incorporated some of this stuff (additional chorus vocals during Like A Lie, drums during sax solo of World Turn, piano in Lavender, drums in Ordinary, along with others) into the actual version of the album. Then I realized that if this was released as the album, I don't think I would have liked it as much, I'd have thought it was too busy. To me, it seems the reason I like/appreciate the Twin version so much is because I had already heard the album upwards of 100 times and had fallen in love with it so I noticed the smaller changes. I fell like if I had listened to the Twin version before really learning the album I wouldn't have appreciated it as much and maybe even wouldn't have liked it at all.

What do you guys think? Did you listen to the Twin version right away or after knowing the original version well? And do you think it affected what you thought of it?

Swemoll-

I noticed only some of the files from Dropbox are tagged as the Ixora twin stero mix:

Tracks 1,3,5,6,10

Are the other tracks the regular Ixora versions? Or does this just mean the regular Ixora track is baseline with lower mix of twin on tracks 2,4,7,8,9,11

What do you guys think? Did you listen to the Twin version right away or after knowing the original version well? And do you think it affected what you thought of it?

I totally agree, I would have liked some of the Twin elements in the original album but I also thought both of them together get kind of busy at times. I played Ixora constantly when it came out, a lot of times at night when I could really focus on the music and nuances. Twin was cool to listen to for sure and very cool at times when put together.

I think it just means that track-by-track he used the version he liked better as his basis, keeping that version higher in the mix.

That's what I meant.

Swemoll-

I noticed only some of the files from Dropbox are tagged as the Ixora twin stero mix:

Tracks 1,3,5,6,10

Are the other tracks the regular Ixora versions? Or does this just mean the regular Ixora track is baseline with lower mix of twin on tracks 2,4,7,8,9,11

That's strange...I just copied the Dropbox zip to my desktop, unzipped it, went through each track and each one is showing correct metadata via preview. Are you saying the album name isn't Ixora/Twin (Stereo Mix) for those tracks?

ALSO...anyone notice I made Track 2 called Disclosure? I guess "Latch" was on my mind. Feel free to change that in all of your versions. I won't re-upload, cause...haha.

That's what I meant.

That's strange...I just copied the Dropbox zip to my desktop, unzipped it, went through each track and each one is showing correct metadata via preview. Are you saying the album name isn't Ixora/Twin (Stereo Mix) for those tracks?

ALSO...anyone notice I made Track 2 called Disclosure? I guess "Latch" was on my mind. Feel free to change that in all of your versions. I won't re-upload, cause...haha.

Yeah, all of mine said twin as well.

And I noticed the disclosure thing but after all your hard work, I didn't feel the need to bring it up haha

• 2 weeks later...

So when I got my Lotus bundle, the binding on the jacket got pretty messed up in shipping.. Luckily not enough for the disc to have any issues, at least visually. I've been gone on business trips for the past couple months so I haven't had time to do anything about this. I have yet to take a picture / send an email.

Do you think they'd have extra jackets that they could replace it for me? Did anyone else encounter this? The way it was packed was destined to get messed up in shipping. The cardboard was thin but tightly held the record's sides with no other protection around it.

• 1 month later...

is that a record or is that a poster? i don't remember the record having a white border. 

I see some of the other things too. The 10" and the 7"

Yeah it's the poster that came with some of the pre-order packages along with some of the other extras like cwhit pointed out.  Might as well get rid of the leftovers I suppose.  

I went to the show Tuesday night, they were incredible. They played a really diverse set with songs off all their albums.

BUT the 7-inch is two b-sides that are on the deluxe CD of the new album (only selling 10 per show, supposedly /100) $5. And the 10-inch is a split The Lulls in Traffic (Aaron Marsh side project) and States /300 $10.

VmCj3V0.jpg?1

EFFFFFF, I greatly desire that 7".  The twins version of Erase is my favorite song from the new album/s... Cool that the lulls split is only $10. 

Edit: The 7" pictured says "Have I Always Loved You?" is this the same 7"? I thought it had Erased (twin version) and the bonus track. No Erase, no problem. i can live without it.