Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

Just snagged a black copy. Everyone grab one while you can!

Anybody know where I can find this?

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this LP? Their site says 'sold out' and it's not anywhere else. Hoping they have some up on their website after the pre-orders are fulfilled.

Join the club haha

Join the club haha

they posted on facebook that they have a few copies of the black online for anyone that missed out, fyi.

the sibilance some of you are referring to is probably because these are direct metal mastering pressings. That sound is pretty common with that technique. Was hoping we'd be getting a high-quality analog pressing, but instead we got shitty digital pirate press vinyl. ugh. definitely not worth the $36. 

the sibilance some of you are referring to is probably because these are direct metal mastering pressings. That sound is pretty common with that technique. Was hoping we'd be getting a high-quality analog pressing, but instead we got shitty digital pirate press vinyl. ugh. definitely not worth the $36. 

What a bummer. Thanks for the info.

Working on a mix of Ixora and Twin together in Pro Tools now. I guess for the people who will never be able to play the two at the same time...but also because I was curious. There's some artistic license here...songs like Erase and Like I Want You have versions that are mixed SO wildly different that I have to compensate here and there to make sure things don't sound like complete jumbled shit. But so far...it's really fascinating. Aaron mixed a lot of elements on Twin to complement Michael Brauer's mix. Elements that are in the right channel in Mr. Brauer's mix are in the left on Aaron's, and so forth. Plus, it's clear that Aaron has a lot of fun producing and messing with sounds.

Is there anyone who would be interested in hearing this? Or is everyone waiting to complete the quadraphonic experience on their own? FWIW: I tried the quad thing on two big systems today on two CD players made by the same company, pressing play from a single remote. One CD player started quicker than the other every time. So there's a lot of timing involved in the live playback. And then you just hope the clocks don't drift...

Working on a mix of Ixora and Twin together in Pro Tools now. I guess for the people who will never be able to play the two at the same time...but also because I was curious. There's some artistic license here...songs like Erase and Like I Want You have versions that are mixed SO wildly different that I have to compensate here and there to make sure things don't sound like complete jumbled shit. But so far...it's really fascinating. Aaron mixed a lot of elements on Twin to complement Michael Brauer's mix. Elements that are in the right channel in Mr. Brauer's mix are in the left on Aaron's, and so forth. Plus, it's clear that Aaron has a lot of fun producing and messing with sounds.

Is there anyone who would be interested in hearing this? Or is everyone waiting to complete the quadraphonic experience on their own? FWIW: I tried the quad thing on two big systems today on two CD players made by the same company, pressing play from a single remote. One CD player started quicker than the other every time. So there's a lot of timing involved in the live playback. And then you just hope the clocks don't drift...

I would love this. Just for convenience sake. I don't imagine I'll try it with the cd more than once haha. Please share when you are done!!

If someone wants the best-sounding version of Ixora/Twin, then they have to go the two-system route. Each mix layered on top of one another doesn't sound quite right, as certain frequencies are doubling up on the system, making the system sound a little weird. But separating them out on different systems seemed to allow the speakers room to breathe.

That being said...I think I'd download this for the version of Ordinary alone...

I'd love to hear this!