Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

Hmm. I like Ixora slightly better than YAMS, but it's pretty close. ESR has some great songs but it's got some week ones too. I agree, otherwise.

I was all for YAMS being by far the best in their discography for a while, but just recently right before Ixora came out I was probably listening to ESR the most.

My black copy has some surface noise and visible scuff marks. Definitely in need of a deep cleaning. I've also noticed some distortion on "S" sounds...in particular, during "Erase" with "You’re Still a breeZe upon my Skin, cloSe my eyeS, breathe you in. I’m Still the ShadowS in your night...". Anyone else notice these things?

I'm curious of the actual weight too. Feels on the lighter side of 180g.

My black copy has some surface noise and visible scuff marks. Definitely in need of a deep cleaning. I've also noticed some distortion on "S" sounds...in particular, during "Erase" with "You’re Still a breeZe upon my Skin, cloSe my eyeS, breathe you in. I’m Still the ShadowS in your night...". Anyone else notice these things?

It sounds that way on MP3 too

Just unwrapped mine. Haven't listened yet, but yeah... Mine is also covered in tons and tons of scuff marks. It looks worse than the Badbadnotgood record that the label gave out free copies of the sequel to because the first one was so effed up.

Going to have to give this a good cleaning and see what happens but this thing looks like someone's been playing air hockey with it as the puck... Pretty disheartening.

My white copy has this same issue.

I never downloaded this, so when I got my Lotus bundle today, I was quite pleased. Had to run errands after I got the package so I drove around and listened to disc 1. I don't like this that much, I thought. 

I got home and put the blue w/ splatter on. I'm listening to the album for a second time and I can already tell how much more mature this band is. How much better the songwriting got. How great some of Aaron's lyrics turned out. This is reminding why I thought BMT was so great for indie music. 

But then there's the LP. There are two significant scratches that make some audible dissonance. Not a screech but an unpleasant noise that was new to my ears (meaning I didn't hear it when I listened to the CD). Can't wait to play both CDs together to hear the 'surround sound' version. 

Overall pleased, but $106 PPD for a 2CD, LP and 10" box was fucking ridiculous. Only for Copeland.