Film Scores/Soundtracks that deserve a release/repress

Absolutely love all the 'Lost' love

Sidebar: I had the extreme privilege of seeing Michael Giacchino conduct the Dallas Symphony about 2 years ago. They played suites from Up, Star Trek, John Carter, Lost, and a few others. It was soooo moving--my wife and I were both in tears during the Lost songs. The best thing was that I was still in grad school, so I was able to get student tickets. I think it cost $30 for two tickets... Insane.

Someone recorded the encore and a few others (Lost Suite and Star Trek). Not the best quality, but yeah. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8lVfYq83U

Probably Top 10 life moment right there.

Landing Party/There's No Place Like Home is probably the best piece in all 6 season of the show. Unbelievable piece of composing (well, in regards to film/TV).

I don't think the shawshank redemption's score is pressed.

It has not, and it needs to be, dammit. I love that movie so much, I have three or four different copies of it.

Of course, there's also the TESIV: Oblivion score which has been mentioned. The only concern I have there is where on the disc they could shoehorn in the battle music. Most of it is so ambient and relaxing that a switch immediately to what plays when an Orc approaches would be jarring (like it is in-game, which was one of the only faults I found with Oblivion). Maybe they could put it in at the beginning with the main theme and then transition into the more relaxing music. \(._.)/

tl;dr: Shawshank Redemption and Oblivion for sure

repress Inception and Jurassic park

Pretty sure Mondo has been teasing Jurassic Park for awhile. I wish someone else was doing it, but shit happens.

All I care about (and I fucking love film scores) is The Fountain getting pressed. Clint Mansell has been saying there's something in the works, but who knows.

I'd like every Jar Jar binks line pressed on triple one sided 12". With the bside etched with his face. And each runout groove would be locked with a ridiculous quote like " Watch out for da mackaneeks!".

And have it pressed on ultra deluxe 220gram for R$D 2015

Coming soon from IamShark.

Yeah I figured there was a thread like this already, I just couldn't find it.

Definitely agree with many of these (28 Days Later, Almost Famous, Boogie Nights, etc...)

Considering how many people here & elsewhere mention The Fountain I guess I should see it, even if only for the score.

I'll add Nightmare On Elm Street '84 & Tokyo Gore Police scores.

Batman (the Michael Keaton one, not all those terrible remakes)

and yeah, the batman (1989) OST is on vinyl, but it's a bit pricey. I lucked out and snagged one in mint condition for about $10 a while ago.

Not hard to find at all.

http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?release_id=134331&ev=rb