PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Well for me, it's because:

1. It's an import, technically
  2. My nearest record store is 30 minutes away
  3. Ordering online ensures that I receive a copy; my record store may not have it in stock
  4. I know the price if I order it online
  5. The preorder went up well before I would even consider looking for it online.

Now don't get me wrong-I love going to a record store to make impulse buys and support 'em, but for "special" releases like this I want to make sure I get my grubby paws on a copy.

Totally get that. Could've figured this being an import and thus rarely appearing in stores being an issue with this particular record. I could not be happier with my favourite record store. Been purchasing my records there for years and never had any issues buying quite special titles because you can just preorder your stuff and it'll be held back for you. Also working there since last year doesn't hurt at all  :D except my wallet, oh dear.. 

My copy of deloused came all the way to New Zealand (from USA I think, by way of the Netherlands). No seam splits. In fact I have never had a single seam split from MOV ever. Surface noise now thats a different story ahaha. 

Listening to this again today, gosh it is good!

Anyone notice the terrible reviews Mars Volta got from pitchfork? Deloused got 4.9/10 and Francis got a 2!!! Those guys aye, this is one of my favourite all time albums! Not that I use Pitchfork to define my listening but if I did I might have missed these two great albums... 

Anyone notice the terrible reviews Mars Volta got from pitchfork? Deloused got 4.9/10 and Francis got a 2!!! Those guys aye, this is one of my favourite all time albums! Not that I use Pitchfork to define my listening but if I did I might have missed these two great albums... 

Yeah, p4k are not that fond of this kind of progressive rock or metal in general. Look up those Tool reviews!  :D Not a fan of them though, also not really digging any Volta after De-Loused. Saw them tour it and it was great, but seeing them tour Frances kind of ruined it for me. 50min of lackluster jamming Cassandra Gemini being the whole show made me lose any interest in listening to that record or any subsequent releases to be honest. De-Loused remained a vinyl must-have ever since though.

Guest stl_ben.

De-Loused remained a vinyl must-have ever since though.

I hear that. Until I saw the announcement that this was getting re-pressed I probably hadn't reeeeally listened to it since about 2005 or so and I never got into any other Mars Volta albums, but this was a must have for whatever reason and I started listening to it again. Sometimes you just have to get those nostalgia records, even if as in my case you don't listen to them that often.

I hear that. Until I saw the announcement that this was getting re-pressed I probably hadn't reeeeally listened to it since about 2005 or so and I never got into any other Mars Volta albums, but this was a must have for whatever reason and I started listening to it again. Sometimes you just have to get those nostalgia records, even if as in my case you don't listen to them that often.

Same here. I thought about that record every once in a while, but never bothered playing it for years. Different story with those ATD-I reissues. I never stopped loving the living hell out of those records (Vaya, first and foremost) and finally having them on vinyl was a huuge 'check' on my list 

Im much the same really, I like Frances but not nearly as much as deloused... saw them after Frances was released and I actually thought they were a lot better than before (it might have been later actually). Very happy with my deloused purchase.

Really going to have to give it some thought as to whether I buy Frances when it comes out, it will be crazy expensive no doubt.

Really going to have to give it some thought as to whether I buy Frances when it comes out, it will be crazy expensive no doubt.

Back in '07 is was at a german electronics mega store closing its vinyl department. Bought Radioheads Kid A and Amnesiac Do10"'s for 5€ each but passed on OP Frances for 15€ 'cause of being too broke. Guess that was the only chance at not overpaying for this thing ever.  :(

My silver copy shipped May 14th but the tracking still only says "received electronic notice" … My last SRC order took 13 days total to get here because of intentional shipping, this has now been 13 days without any shipping progress and I am very excited to listen to this. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah I think the second time I saw them was amputechture (or around there) they were mind blowing! 2.5 hours straight no let up and then bang - gone LOL no encore or anything. Amazing really. I cant believe they ever sounded terrible considering how accomplished they were both times I saw them and also that for most of them this was by no means their first big band...

Yeah I think the second time I saw them was amputechture (or around there) they were mind blowing! 2.5 hours straight no let up and then bang - gone LOL no encore or anything. Amazing really. I cant believe they ever sounded terrible considering how accomplished they were both times I saw them and also that for most of them this was by no means their first big band...

I've seen them 8 times and certainly amp was the best tour - like you said, blistering 2.5 hour set, cedric absolute bonkers running in the crowd kicking drinks outta ppls hands, taking drags from ppls cigarettes, handing me the mic mid meccamputechture lol. Fucking nuts. 

I've seen them atleast a dozen times and the only time I've seen them do an encore was once at their '07-'08 NYE show in San Fran. Other than that they typically never did encores. Also around Amputechture is when they had Adrian in the band who I thought added a lot more to their live element playing horns and percussion with Marcel. Also the Amp tour they closed with Days of the Baphomets,I saw them 4 times that tour and each time they played that song and Marcel did his solo I would just stare in amazement. That tour was probably the most amazing tour of my life... I miss TMV live.....