PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Deloused, check.  Amputechture on its way soon, check.  Frances the Mute is coming... be it MOV or Nadie, it's going to come from somewhere... and when it does, checkmate.  I just want the music ladies and gents, these politics are boring and stupid.  If I knew how to send money to Cedric and Omar, I'd do it.  Just for making such awesome music.  ;)

They have a bandcamp if you actually felt like supporting them...

Think about it like this...

The dude from SRC told me he sunk $30,000 into the custom variants of those two Volta releases. Right before Deloused drops, Cedric starts saying they're bootlegs and everyone gets scared. We know MOV had legit rights because if they didn't, why would Universal and GSL logos be printed on the jackets?

Anyway, customers are bombing SRC with emails about the legitimacy of the whole thing, meanwhile SRC are about to be sitting on 30 grand worth of inventory that all the fans might see as illegal bootlegs. If I was SRC, I'd want to get my money back as quickly as possible and not fuck with it ever again.

So that's probably why they're not continuing to stock the black Deloused. And I'd bet if there is a black Amputechture, they won't even get it.

They have a bandcamp if you actually felt like supporting them...

I've never messed with bandcamp before.  I thought that was for bands that are trying to make it somewhere?  Like something the band I was in high school would've tried to get recognition with.  I'll have to check into that.

Think about it like this...

The dude from SRC told me he sunk $30,000 into the custom variants of those two Volta releases. Right before Deloused drops, Cedric starts saying they're bootlegs and everyone gets scared. We know MOV had legit rights because if they didn't, why would Universal and GSL logos be printed on the jackets?

Anyway, customers are bombing SRC with emails about the legitimacy of the whole thing, meanwhile SRC are about to be sitting on 30 grand worth of inventory that all the fans might see as illegal bootlegs. If I was SRC, I'd want to get my money back as quickly as possible and not fuck with it ever again.

So that's probably why they're not continuing to stock the black Deloused. And I'd bet if there is a black Amputechture, they won't even get it.

That's an interesting point.

I've never messed with bandcamp before.  I thought that was for bands that are trying to make it somewhere?  Like something the band I was in high school would've tried to get recognition with.  I'll have to check into that.

That used to be the case but nowadays major players aren't shy about using bandcamp to provide free downloads and direct sales. Son Lux, for example.

Also bandcamp is pretty much your go-to spot for limited cassette runs from lesser known names.

That used to be the case but nowadays major players aren't shy about using bandcamp to provide free downloads and direct sales. Son Lux, for example.

Also bandcamp is pretty much your go-to spot for limited cassette runs from lesser known names.

Exactly.  Major bands will put up their releases, free or reasonably priced.  If you wanted, you can go give Circa Survive $5 for Violent Waves on BC right now.  Or more, if you are so inclined.

An Amazon seller comes through again! I ordered a copy of this for less than $40 ppd and it arrived this week. Gold numbered copy. Disc one was mostly silent, but disc two has some slight surface noise through out.As most of you know, i'm not a huge MoV fan, but this is a great release by them. It does seem to have slightly thicker jacket material than some of my older MoV titles, and the cover art is sharp and true to color (unlike some various MoV titles). Nice packaging overall. And as a bonus, mine made it to me without any seem splits!

The real treasure here is the audio. MoV titles to me are usually good, audio-wise, but nothing above and beyond just a solid, acceptable sound. To me sounding like a slightly better version of a decent CD. But this really impressed me. The difference between this and the CD is HUGE. A lot more space, depth, and detail to everything. Dynamics where there were none before. Even music or instruments where there was none before. It really is that much of an improvement. Which, quite honestly, isn't much a surprize considering who mastered the CD. It's certainly not an "Audiophile" release as there are problems with some of loudest parts of the record, especially the loudest vocals, where it sounds like things are clipping and breaking apart. I'm going to guess that may have been what was on the source MoV was given, and they did the best they could with it. I thoroughly enjoyed going through the record yesterday and as a testament to how good it sounded (and maybe to how much I like this album), I have been craving a second listen since I finished the first.

Man, credit where credit is due: MoV did a great job with this record and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a great sounding version of this modern classic. I am interested to see what Nadie does with it (I will get that one as well), but for now, this is easily the best sounding version of this record.

My order for a black 180g is still not shipped from Shop Radio Cast! Why was this delayed for so long? No explanation from them, Terrible service.

"Please note 180 Gram Black will be shipping on approximately June 24, 2014" Thats today...nothing is ever concrete in the world of Vinyl. How is it terrible service? I'm sure it will ship by the end of the day. My Amputecture has yet to ship and I'm not complaining.

"Please note 180 Gram Black will be shipping on approximately June 24, 2014" Thats today...nothing is ever concrete in the world of Vinyl. How is it terrible service? I'm sure it will ship by the end of the day. My Amputecture has yet to ship and I'm not complaining.

How is it terrible service?

It was originally supposed to ship end of MAY after its release date on may 20th.

They changed the date to a month later no explanation. The record is in stores and over a month later people who 'Pre Ordered" are still waiting.

I'm sure if they had just explained why the wait people wouldn't feel so annoyed.

How is it terrible service?

It was originally supposed to ship end of MAY after its release date on may 20th.

They changed the date to a month later no explanation. The record is in stores and over a month later people who 'Pre Ordered" are still waiting.

I'm sure if they had just explained why the wait people wouldn't feel so annoyed.

I emailed them and was told mid June before the date changed on the site. I'm now just hoping it doesn't get cancelled :unsure:

I'm curious as to how far apart the release from De-loused to Amputecture was.

I'm assuming the same wait will be until Frances is announced, I'm assuming.

Because that would be pretty sweet, unless my hopes are too high. I'm sure it shouldn't be too far behind.

Release dates were less than a month apart according to discogs. If MOV were going to be doing Frances you'd probably be hearing about it by now. Start holding your breath.

I'm curious as to how far apart the release from De-loused to Amputecture was.

I'm assuming the same wait will be until Frances is announced, I'm assuming.

Because that would be pretty sweet, unless my hopes are too high. I'm sure it shouldn't be too far behind.

Don't hold your breathe on frances. Nadie will probably have first dibs on it, unless they burned threw all that cash for their coachella reunion.

• 2 weeks later...