BEST/WORST PURCHASES FROM RSD '14

This has probably been my favorite RSD so far since probably my two favorite albums that were never pressed got pressed (Pinback and Built to Spill)

I'm disappointed with the of Montreal Puzzle Piece 7" though. The A-side is an pretty ok B-side from Lousy, but the Triumph remix really disappointed me.

Agreed, definitely the best thing I bought yesterday, both presentation and music-wise.

(The "Pop Yeh Yeh" comp from Sublime Frequencies is a close second, I can't stop listening to it.)

Haven't been too let down by anything, but the Outkast reissue was kinda flimsy for a $25-30 list price. At least it sounds good.

That pop yeh yeh and the omar souleyman are on my track down list. IM trying to find a site that has both but it seems its not possible. I had the pop yeh yeh in my hand and put it back for some reason. The 27 dollar price tag was tough then last night remember all the SF stuff i buy is 20-25 so it wasnt bad and felt like an idiot.

Best: Fleetwood Mac 7" - The songs are great, the artworks awesome, the vinyl is heavy and the colours are nice. And the tracks are really good.

Worst: I'm not a huge fan of the cure/dinosaur jr. split... I grabbed it because it was my first RSD and I wanted one of the side by sides, but I really don't like either version of this song that much.

Best: As of right now Paranorman. I bought it on a whim because I like scores and thought if I didn't dig it I could sell it to someone on here.

Worst: Paramore, only because mine has a large scratch on the remix side. I like the song just bummed it got scratched before I even got it at the store.

Best: Fleetwood Mac 7" - The songs are great, the artworks awesome, the vinyl is heavy and the colours are nice. And the tracks are really good.

Worst: I'm not a huge fan of the cure/dinosaur jr. split... I grabbed it because it was my first RSD and I wanted one of the side by sides, but I really don't like either version of this song that much.

The Fleetwood Mac was high on my list and could not score one locally at all ! Shame knowing how good it ended up being.

only ended up getting Pinback and Built to Spill. haven't listened to Pinback yet, but Built to Spill is REALLY well put together, super heavy duty sleeve and nice spacing of the songs on the records, leaving space at the end of each disc rather than cramming songs on there. Sounds fantastic. I have no doubt that Pinback will be the same way soundwise; sure looks great. So no worst purchase just two rad items to build my collections of these two bands :) 

You don't like The Cure's version of Just Like Heaven?!?!

Just not my cup of tea. Never have been into The Cure. It was just the only side by side I could find. 

Nothing I would classify as the worst except the random troubles while spinning BIGs "Life after death" … I am most satisfied with Built to Spill's UAW packaging. It looks amazing.

I heard the B.I.G. LP skipped pretty bad. Is that happening to everyone?

Mine skipped a bunch, tried it on the turn table at the record store and it worked fine. Playing it now on my turntable and it is not skipping nearly as much. I hope I didn't just jinx it.

I really dig the packaging on the fun. 10" and love the fact that the vinyl matches my copy of Aim and Ignite.

I also really enjoy the Frightened Rabbit Live EP, but I wish there was more.

I kind of found some of the remixes on the Broken Bells 12" a bit lackluster, and both of the splits I got have b-sides that are lacking a bit:
The SDRE song is much better than the CS song, and the American Authors cover of "In A Big Country" is A LOT better than The Mowgli's cover of "You Make My Dreams Come True."

But I don't regret picking anything up that I did.